Snubbie pocket carriers - need cargo shorts and pants recommendation

This is a discussion on Snubbie pocket carriers - need cargo shorts and pants recommendation within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Gene83 With this gun and holster combination, the gun does not "flop" around. The only way that retention might be a problem ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Snubbie pocket carriers - need cargo shorts and pants recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    With this gun and holster combination, the gun does not "flop" around. The only way that retention might be a problem is if you try standing on your head while wearing them. In day to day activities, I've never encountered a problem.

Attachment 61355
    I have close to same same combo (Galco Pro 158 and a S&W 637 w/original boot grips) that I use when I have pockets that are too short for my 642 w/"banana" grips. I Never have found shorts or trousers that the Galco and 637 don't just disappear into. I use the Pro 158 for all carry. The soft leather seems to conform to natural body curves and hides better than anything else.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

2. Remove Ads

Cabelas

You may now lock this thread since the only correct answer has been provided. . .

Seriously though, the Cabelas do have nice deep pockets and the pants are well made. But it does sound like there are some other good options out there based on some of the replies to this thread.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

I think this is one of those "Ford vs Chevy - Blonde vs Redhead" questions...... it's what YOU like best! Most of my pocket carry cargo pants are Tru-spec, because I like the bells and whistles of that brand. I have a couple of pairs of the 5.11 brand and they work good as well........ as do a pair of 20 dollar Wally mart pants. But it comes down to what fits YOU best....... not what we think. Consider Fit, Quality and Access to the weapon you are packing. Just my 2 cents......

cj
    [QUOTE=10thmtn;2358841]Well, I ordered some of the 5.11 shorts from LA Police Gear (they had a deal with free shipping, and free return shipping). They fit a bit better around the thighs than the Tru Spec, but...the rear pockets are so deep that my wallet unded up under my thighs when I sat. Not comfortable at all. To give you an idea how deep those rear pockets are - they can carry a two D-cell Mag light!.../QUOTE]

Personally, I moved to the LA PoliceGear brand 'Operator' pants and shorts. I've pulled off an M&P Shield in the pocket, so those might be worth looking at as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Wrangler® available at Walmart and other fine stores. You can carry comfortably in the front pocket like I do, or if you use the cargo pockets, they are secured with velcro so you aren't worried with buttons or snaps. Gun in right front pocket.

Attachment 61156Attachment 61157
    What Gene said.

I wear the Wrangler cargo shorts daily and my S&W 642 disappears into the front right pocket with an Uncle Mike's #3.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I can't remember exact brand names, but I seen some great options at Bass Pro Shops. It wouldn't surprise me if they were made with pocket carry in mind.
    If you really don't want cargo shorts, get some BassPro comfort fit jeans and get them cut off to make shorts. The pockets in their comfort fit jeans are huge. A Buddy that wears size 38 can hide a Glock 26 and it never prints.

I've no problem with a P238 in that style of jeans with a 34" waist.

I haven't tried their cargo shorts but I wouldn't be surprised if they had some that had big pockets. My favorite camo pants for ground hog hunting are from BassPro and I've no problem with the P238 in the non-cargo pocket.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    If I can put my hand in the front pocket just past my wrist I'm good to go for pocket carry.
    All I have for shorts are cargo's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links