Snubbie pocket carriers - need cargo shorts and pants recommendation

This is a discussion on Snubbie pocket carriers - need cargo shorts and pants recommendation within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Title pretty much says it all. Looking for some cargo shorts and pants that will take a snubbie in the front (not cargo) pocket, without ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Snubbie pocket carriers - need cargo shorts and pants recommendation

Snubbie pocket carriers - need cargo shorts and pants recommendation

Title pretty much says it all. Looking for some cargo shorts and pants that will take a snubbie in the front (not cargo) pocket, without the grip peeking out at the top of the pocket.

The ones I currently have needed tailoring (to deepen the pocket), and are getting in need of replacement (so says my wife).

Recommendations? Links appreciated!

Thanks.
    Last edited by 10thmtn; July 26th, 2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added info for clarity
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I can't remember exact brand names, but I seen some great options at Bass Pro Shops. It wouldn't surprise me if they were made with pocket carry in mind.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I love the Kohl's Cargo shorts ("Croft and Barrow").

I can carry a G26, a G36, or an LCR easy.

Croft and Barrow Twill Side-Elastic Cargo Shorts

The belt loops are wide enough for my gunbelt, the elastic is comfortable, they are durable, they have a lot of pockets, and they are highly fashionable.

AND, if you shop on Wednesday you might get the Senior Discount.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Distinguished Member
    I just spend 10 days in the Tampa / Clearwater area pocket carrying my Jframe. I found that my Tru-Spec shorts support the weight the best and the pockets are deep enough to conceal it well.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Wrangler® available at Walmart and other fine stores. You can carry comfortably in the front pocket like I do, or if you use the cargo pockets, they are secured with velcro so you aren't worried with buttons or snaps. Gun in right front pocket.

006.JPG008.JPG
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    5.11 is all I wear. Big pockets
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Problem I have with the 5.11 stuff is that I would need to order it online, and my experience with ordering clothing online is that it never fits right. I much prefer to buy locally in a retail store, so I can try the stuff on. I'd also like to avoid the obvious "tactical" clothing, if at all possible.

Thanks for the suggestions - keep 'em coming!
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Problem I have with the 5.11 stuff is that I would need to order it online, and my experience with ordering clothing online is that it never fits right. I much prefer to buy locally in a retail store, so I can try the stuff on. I'd also like to avoid the obvious "tactical" clothing, if at all possible.

Thanks for the suggestions - keep 'em coming!
    Once again, and I'm serious, try Wrangler® at Walmart. It's cheap, sturdy, and a name brand. Keep your receipt. If they don't work for you, take them back. Get a refund and move on to the more expensive stuff.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I've been wearing the Wranglers from WalMart for several years. The pockets are deep enough for my Colt Agent revolver in a Mika holster. I like the cell phone pocket sewn into the top of the left cargo pocket as well. They're $15.97 and will last as long as any.
    ArmyMan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I love the Kohl's Cargo shorts ("Croft and Barrow").

I can carry a G26, a G36, or an LCR easy.

Croft and Barrow Twill Side-Elastic Cargo Shorts

The belt loops are wide enough for my gunbelt, the elastic is comfortable, they are durable, they have a lot of pockets, and they are highly fashionable.

AND, if you shop on Wednesday you might get the Senior Discount.
    Wow! A G36 in the pocket? Impressive.

If you're pocket carrying, can you use the cargo pockets for other stuff - or do they poof out too much, since they are sewn directly over the front pockets?
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    CT Lasers

If you're pocket carrying, can you use the cargo pockets for other stuff - or do they poof out too much, since they are sewn directly over the front pockets?
    I might slip some thin items in the cargo pockets such as knives, money clip, comb, etc., but nothing bulky such as a key ring or a wallet.

The back pockets have velcro flaps too, and at about 1/3 the price of the 5.11's a steal.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Wow! A G36 in the pocket? Impressive.

For me, once again using the Wrangler® stuff as an example, I reserve the right front pocket for the gun. The rest of the pockets, I try to keep in balance. On the left side, there's a pocket for my cell phone. I'll use that. Wallet goes in one of the rear pockets. Keys, folding money, etc goes in the left front pocket to balance the gun on the right front. Other than that, whatever you're comfortable with.
    ArmyMan and Rock and Glock like this.

LCP in my right rear pocket in a non printing "Uncle George" wallet type holster. Best investment I ever made in holster wear. As comfortable as carrying a wallet.
    "Watch yer top knot."

1Az2Risk
    Kimber Ultra Carry
    Ruger LCP
    Rock River AR-15

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links