CCW leather messenger bag, options?

This is a discussion on CCW leather messenger bag, options? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At work, I currently carry in a regular laptop messenger style bag as I cannot carry on my body due to a combination of clothing ...

Thread: CCW leather messenger bag, options?

CCW leather messenger bag, options?

At work, I currently carry in a regular laptop messenger style bag as I cannot carry on my body due to a combination of clothing and herniated discs. I am looking for something similar, smaller, and more CCW friendly. The bag I currently have is a bigger than I need. The only one I have found that I can see myself with is is NRA ccw leather briefcase

I'd prefer something similar, but more leathery and this one has a good amount of vinyl in it.

I really don't want to hear any stuff about this being a poor method of CCW. I have been carrying for a while, carry in several different ways, and know my needs. I would simply like to know what other options are out there!

Thanks guys.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

It will cost you some money, but I use one of the Galco Hidden Agenda day planners myself. It's not my preferred method of carry, but if you want to hide a handgun inside a Day Runner® planner, this is the trick. I carry a Walther PPK/S with two extra magazines in mine.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Neat, but not even close to what I'm looking for.

More of a messenger bag with a compartment
    Μολὼν λαβέ

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Maxpedtion makes a variety of over-the-opposite shoulder bags with a secret Velcro-lined compartment for CCW. See the Fatboy, Jumbo, and Mongo for starters. My personal choice is the Jumbo S-Type as it is big enough for a 1911 and several magazines, plus all the rest of my EDC kit (water, first-aid kit, Kindle e-book reader, flash light, cell phone, spare batteries, ham radio hand set plus spare batteries, and so on. Notebook, pen, multi-tool, lip balm, and a host other stuff.

I am right-handed and prefer the left-handed "S-Type" bag for cross-draw, as I keep other stuff on my belt on my right side (3:00) and in my right front pocket and in my right side cargo pocket.

See YouTube for dozens of video reviews of the Maxpedition bags by CCW users.

Expensive. Extremely high quality. Effectively indestructible. Available in a broad array of colors.

Maxpedition.com - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

JUMBO S-TYPE VERSIPACK Tactical Nylon Gear Concealed Carry Shoulder Sling Bag - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

0413b_detail.jpg

Not leather but the best I can do.
    Last edited by marcclarke; July 27th, 2012 at 01:56 AM.

"Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

I'm a big fan of these: Need a case or bag for your laptop, tablet, mobile device, smartphone, or gadget? We've got you covered - WaterField Design - Made in USA - Made in SF

Although not specific for ccw they are quick to open and have a zippered internal pouch. Lots of choices on size. They can have a couple of week wait depending on size, but great quality.
    Sig 229 Elite .40 S&W
    HK P2000 sk

Links