P238 Apendix carry for female.

This is a discussion on P238 Apendix carry for female. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; <-- female I found that I can't appendix carry, but I was going to try the Desantis Pop Up holster since I would need a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P238 Apendix carry for female.

<-- female
    I found that I can't appendix carry, but I was going to try the Desantis Pop Up holster since I would need a holster that put the gun lower into my pants to carry in that position, I'm short waisted. I have a Desantis Sof-Tuk that I bought for the versatility, it has adjustable cant/tilt and is tuckable, I like it.

2. Remove Ads

You should check out faliaphotography on youtube. Not only does she do some pretty decent gun reveiws but she covers carrying options for females as well. Ive tried getting my wife to check it out but her and falia have quite different body types.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Check out the Ritchie Stinger which is a quality appendix carry IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    she would never do the belly belt of smart carry.

THere is nothing like a crossbreed style leather/kydex holster meant for apendix carry? if the holster is canted to begin with, she might be ok with it.
    I carry a P238 and initially I was not wild about the idea of belly band carry either. However, after gaining some experience in what does & doesn't work for me, I now use a Galco BB most of the time. It holds the P238 snugly in the appendix position, and has pocket space for extra mags, keys, or other small items. I have an hourglass figure, so I wear it on my natural waist, but for rounder body shapes, it could be worn lower on the hips, in the belt position. I wear mine with light jogging shorts and a t-shirt during the summer and it is totally concealed.

A fanny-pack style holster is another option to consider, especially for athletic wear & outdoor use.

I have ordered a crossbreed micro tuck to try out, but like most IWB holsters, it must be worn with a thick leather gun belt, which usually means jeans or jean shorts. Not the best wardrobe choice when the heat index is 100+!

For professional dress, she might try the Sneaky Pete, which is a concealed OWB holster in disguise: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005H39OQG/...SIN=B005H39OQG

Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links