High Noon Split Decision Holster

This is a discussion on High Noon Split Decision Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; During my quest to find a small, no frills, FBI cant, single clip, tuckable holster for my M&P40c a little birdy told me about High ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: High Noon Split Decision Holster

Distinguished Member

High Noon Split Decision Holster

During my quest to find a small, no frills, FBI cant, single clip, tuckable holster for my M&P40c a little birdy told me about High Noon holsters and I was able to find what I wanted with the Split Decision. Best part is that is is a stocking item so I ordered it right away. It shipped that same day, Tuesday, and was at my door step Friday afternoon. The holster is exactly what I expected, a nice quality with good craftsmanship. Following the instructions and a little of what has worked for me in the past with other leather holsters I let the gun sit in it over night and then did some blocking with a plastic bag the next day to get a nice fit.

Now on to the good stuff, it's is very thin and feels great when wearing it. The belt clip is STRONG and works well with my A&G belt. It has a very deep "flap" so you can get a lot of your shirt tucked with it all bunched up hear the belt line. I've been wearing it all weekend to help get it broken and am very pleased with how it wears. Because it's a thin non-molded holster with no mouth reinforcement it's not really intended for one handed re-holstering but I have not had an issue and unless I start wearing the holster alone under a tight belt I don't see it becoming an issue. It's not something I'd wear on a long training course however, it's really meant for concealment and other holsters are better suited to the training task.

So two thumbs up to High Noon for a quality product and great service. I'm now looking at some of their other offerings and feeling my wallet getting lighter.

Old School likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Nice looking holster

I have been pleased with all my High Noon Holsters. Their stocking items tend to be great deals, and are my default so I have at least one holster for every gun.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

That's what I have they're very nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator
    They make a very nice high quality product. Congrats. Wear it in good health.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Always a quality product from HN.

You will get years of service from your new holster.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I, too, like them except for the clip. The clip seems to be like 2.5" while my belt is like 1.5" (or similar dimensions. Do not quote me.) So I find the holster is not "secure" on my belt.

I have called them and inquired as to why they use that size clip. They said it had to do with the quick attachment/release. At the time, they offered no other clip option. If they would just make an option with a different clip, I would own more. (Hint, hint)
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I, too, like them except for the clip. The clip seems to be like 2.5" while my belt is like 1.5" (or similar dimensions. Do not quote me.) So I find the holster is not "secure" on my belt.

I have called them and inquired as to why they use that size clip. They said it had to do with the quick attachment/release. At the time, they offered no other clip option. If they would just make an option with a different clip, I would own more. (Hint, hint)

I thought the clip was going to be a little weird at first but I actually don't mind it. After I put it on over my belt I slide it up so it is contacting the bottom of the belt and the extra space is above the belt instead of below. I find the holster stays in place fine that with the force of the clip "pinching" the pants. I can blouse my shirt over the top of the clip for almost an invisible appearance.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Glad you like the holster and glad you understood the "design intention" behind it. Many people buy these holsters and get a rude awaking when they want to bring it to the gun class. It was made to do a simple job, just hold the gun till you need it.

We do have the big brothers to that entire soft line. Yours would be Closing Argument with all the bells and whistles.

The Clip:

If its made any smaller you could not put it over the belt to clip on. The problem lies with the reverse J. You would have to thread your belt thru the clip which takes away from the easy on and off feature.

Stay Safe and glad we could help out.

Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Administrator
    I've been a high noon fan for a while, and have turned on many shooters to them... Those boys in Florida have yet to disappoint. I think they have struck a nice balance in quality, practicality and affordability.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I own on of the Mr. Softy holsters. Love it. As long as I am not trying to conceal a huge 1911 I will be using their holsters. ALthough I would probably get one from them anyways. Just something that isnt for appendix carry.

That was the first holster I ever bought. It is a great holster for a low end, no frills holster. Hard to beat for the cost & speed of delivery.

That said. I own more Minotaur M-TACs than any other holster.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I use the same holster for my PPS...after almost daily carry for a year, the retention screw came out one day when I took it off & I lost it. I hadn't noticed it being loose previous days, but I had been walking quite a bit that particular day. I ordered a new for 3 bucks or so and received it in a few days. I noted that on the website when I was looking for the part it says they recommended loctite on the rentention threads. I don't remember reading that in my instructions, but well...I might not have even read the included instructions

Cool

You have gotten yourself a quality holster OP.

Justin and the folks at High Noon have always turned out a quality product for me that has had great fit and workmanship.

My day to day holsters revolve around the High Noon Public Secret. I carry my Glock 19 and 36 and my S&W Model 36 and 60 in them AIWB in total comfort and with fast accessibility.

photo.jpgImage 4.jpgImage 3.jpgImage 1.jpgImage 1.jpgImage 2.jpg
    click images to enlarge....

Lately I have been getting the itch for a tuckable in cowhide. Guess I need to give the boys in Tarpon Springs a shout !

That Altr Ego seems like it might be just the right ticket to complement my Public Secrets.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...alter_ego.html

Old School
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    This is exactly what I mean. Why can't the make an option with a smaller clip. I so would buy more of them.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links