N82Tactical - Holster test

This is a discussion on N82Tactical - Holster test within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my CWP just last week but already have 3 holster that I know would not work for me. Either uncomfortable, to hard to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N82Tactical - Holster test

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

N82Tactical - Holster test

I got my CWP just last week but already have 3 holster that I know would not work for me. Either uncomfortable, to hard to reholster or rode to high on my hip so I thought I would give N82Tactical a try. I seemed to be a good fit for me so I ordered and received the professional model.

The day after my permit arrived my wife and I drove 800 mile from SC to Key West Fla. It seems to have a spongie layer of something between two peices of leather and after sitting on it for 12+ hours it is a keeper for me! Very comfortable and hold my pistol tight and secure.

2. Remove Ads

I own the N82 Tactical professional model for my XDm 3.8" 9mm compact. Still waiting for my concealed carry permit to arrive, but just wearing it around the house it seems to be a keeper. I also have a SuperTuck on the way from Crossbreed Holsters - Second Hand Holsters. About 40% cheaper than their "first-hand" SuperTuck and I don't have to wait 6 weeks for it.

Anyone else have this holster? Would love to hear more thoughts. I'm thinking of buying a Ruger SR9C with a N82 Professional holster for first EDC.

Same here. Anything you can carry for 12 hours in is worth a look.
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Got their standard model for the Sig P238 I carry. Love it! The part against your body is soft suede, the gun is held securely, doesn't print, either. Best part for me is it clips securely inside the waistband of my pants even without a belt! Wore leggings for a night out recently, and just decided to try it out that way. No problem at all! If my Shield ever comes, l will be getting another for that. Made in America, as well!
    Common sense is NOT common. There is a difference between intelligence and wisdom...

I have the Professional model holster for my Ruger SR9C from N82 Tactical and I absolutely LOVE IT! Tried some of the other types before finding this one and they were just not as comfortable. It feels very comfortable and even after a full day of wearing it you barely notice it is there. Ordered it from N82 Tactical and it arrived in 3 days....but I am only 1 state away from where they make them!

I have 2 N82 pro holsters. One is for a full frame gun and the other a G19. I like the positive fit and decent retention. The backing is great and makes a very comfortable fit. the best feature is the full coverage of the gun...it does not touch you at all. I like that as I use Talons a very abrasive grip They are like sandpaper on your skin. But in the wet PNW , they make a positive grip easy.
    The issue I have with the wide leather Kydex crossbreed type holsters is the width. Horizontally they are very long compared to the N82. When it's hot they can get a bit uncomfortable. The small N82 footprint is much nicer if it's warm. The N82 even is comfortable with bare skin, and not a undershirt

Sent via Mental Power

Just Ordered a Professional for my 3" 1911 on Friday. Cant wait t to try it out. Ive done the crossbread type holsters, the blackhawk, kydex, DeSantis, etc....this looks Very promising. Im super exited.

I have recently gotten the standard model for my LCP and LCR and am very pleased with how they perform. Fast becoming my favorite IWB holsters.
    Last edited by MarineDad; August 13th, 2012 at 07:12 AM.

Any further reviews or updates?

Bought mine this week and wore it today for the first time all day. I have to say it is extremely comfortable (pro model with a Ruger LC9). Easy to sit down in as well which is a big plus for me.

(4) 12+ hour days, (2) 4 hour car trips, a couple hours here or there all wearing shorts & a gun belt and i'm really happy with mine. Kahr PM40 w/N82 Pro series. I tried the original series but didn't like the elastic.

Distinguished Member
    Although I find myself using Remora holsters more frequently, I've got a N82 for my Sig P238 /CTC laser and it's a wonderful rig... VERY comfortable and VERY well made... and the Nate's and company are great to deal with. A little pricey compared to some others, but worth every penny!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I wont buy another holster. Any new gun will go into a N82 holster if its available. Absolutely the most comfortable to sit in and long road trips. I carry a 3" 1911 and I never feel the butt of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    I never feel the butt of the gun.
    I think you make a great point. For myself the butt is the most uncomfortable part. If it's too thick or big it can cause discomfort. The N82 spreads the butts effect over a wider area and makes it much more comfortable. It's really noticeable on full size guns.

Sent via Messenger Pigeon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links