Woo Hooo! Just got my Sam Andrews rig Saturday...

This is a discussion on Woo Hooo! Just got my Sam Andrews rig Saturday... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ..and it has been worth the wait. Sharp, sharp holster! Put it on my Beltman belt and headed out with my first custom rig after ...

Thread: Woo Hooo! Just got my Sam Andrews rig Saturday...

..and it has been worth the wait. Sharp, sharp holster! Put it on my Beltman belt and headed out with my first custom rig after a collection of hand-me-downs, cast-offs and store-bought (although the Strong Leather Products pancake thumbbreak for my Dan Wesson revolver was pretty nice..rugged too) over the years. I just put it on, positioned the Sig P229 in .40 and the mag carrier, cinched it up and that was that. No fidgeting, hoisting or nothin' for four days. The rig consists of his OWB Saddle Style pancake with a thumbbreak, a Beltman Bullhide belt in 1.5" tapered to 1.25", and a single mag carrier made by Sam's nine-year-old son Alex; all of this in black for better concealment. It disappears under Hawaiian shirts on nice days and flannel shirts when it's not so Hawaiian around here. It rides high enough so that when reaching for stuff, with care, it doesn't flash. However, it prints like a two-color press under a silk sports jacket my wife the Knitter helped me choose at Penney's in May. Which is OK because now I get to get a $350 Harris Tweed sports coat, it being winter soon, and maybe a hideously expensive wool sweater to go with it. If that doesn't work, maybe a Mitch Rosen for my P239 will! All in all, I am as happy as can be with my custom providers and the time they spent with me to get it right. Thanks again to two stand-up guys: Jim Speidel the Beltman and Sam Andrews!

Yup, Sam's a class act. I carry in one of his McDaniel II's. I suspect I'll be ordering another soon for my latest aquisition as well.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I think you'll be happy with any of the Andrews Custom Leather holsters. I have a hybrid saddle for my Colt Gov't Model, liked it so much bought one for my father for his birthday for his Beretta 92FS.

I just ordered a hybrid saddle style for my SIG P220. Should be in in about 8 weeks.

His workmanship is excellent and he's great to talk with on the phone. It sounds like I've got the same tastes in leather you do, I bought two belts from the beltman and pretty much use them exclusively now.
    Last edited by JayHawker45; November 21st, 2006 at 11:57 AM.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    man i just can't PICTURE it....hmmm i wonder what could help that....
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Administrator

Question

could snowdoctor be hinting for pictures?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    could snowdoctor be hinting for pictures?
    He could, yeah..But my computer skills are limited to email, browsing and posting on gun forums. So what I have to do is see if my 16-year- old son will undertake the project. I'll just pull one more of his teeth and see what we can do...

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    LOL. computer skills are like finding the front sight. It takes practice. Just as long as you don't find the computer in the front sight!
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Sam's stuff is a truly Sunday quality, ready for everyday.

Links