Ruger LC9 w/lasermax Need ankle holster!

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 w/lasermax Need ankle holster! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, thanks in advance for reading this post. Anyways I have a brand new Ruger LC9 with the LaserMax on trigger guard. Love it, ...

Thread: Ruger LC9 w/lasermax Need ankle holster!

Ruger LC9 w/lasermax Need ankle holster!

Hey guys, thanks in advance for reading this post. Anyways I have a brand new Ruger LC9 with the LaserMax on trigger guard. Love it, great little gun for summer carry. I got a really cheap Ace ankle holster for it at the gun show but it's too big. Nothing smaller would fit the laser. Anyone using an ankle holster to carry this gun? Would love to hear someone say the uncle mike size 12 would fit it. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

--Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the forums from North Carolina.

Have you looked at Sticky Holsters?
    --Jason--

Just ordered a Remora IWB for my Dad's LC9 with Crimson Trace laser. Size 4ART with Laser. They have that size available in their 3 in 1 ankle holster also, but don't have any experience with those.

I'll report back how it fits though.

Distinguished Member
    I would really think about a better place to carry on you. Sure lots of advice and reasons why are coming in the next posts, I'll let the more experienced people explain.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I would really think about a better place to carry on you. Sure lots of advice and reasons why are coming in the next posts, I'll let the more experienced people explain.
    Yeah, I don't really like the ankle carry option either, but it's the best I can do at work. The little Ruger is my BUG whenever I am not working as I usually carry my xd45 IWB, but it's just not an option at work. For one, I tuck my shirt in and tuckable holsters are never fun. Second, I am constantly bending, stooping, crawling and laying down around and under cars. Third, I am what they call a sweaty _____. (insert expletive) Don't think a belly band would do the trick. Also, drawing from the ankle while sitting in the truck feels smooth and natural. Some guys keep guns in the glove box, but not me. If my gun(s) are not locked in the safe, they are on my body in some way or another. So there is the reason I need to ankle carry. If anyone has better ideas, please post!

Thanks for the welcome and the info! That leg biter setup looks cool pretty slick, I am just worried about not having a garter like calf strap.

Distinguished Member
    OK, gotcha. I hear ya, work can be tough to stay concealed when your physically working (im a sub-contractor). Was just hoping that wasn't your main carry option, but you've got that covered. Ankle carry is deff better than no carry .
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

LC9 ankle holster

I found what I thought would be the holster for a LC9 with the Lasermax sight on Ebay from Barsony714.
    What I received was not what was advertised in that the holster accepted the LC9, but not the Lasermax
    sight installed. The thumb strap was reversed because it was impossible to connect it without using a
    tongue depressor. Who carries a tongue depressor around with them?

Don't fall victim to the item which sells for $25.99.

Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    Just ordered a Remora IWB for my Dad's LC9 with Crimson Trace laser. Size 4ART with Laser. They have that size available in their 3 in 1 ankle holster also, but don't have any experience with those.

I'll report back how it fits though.
    How did the Remora work?
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member
    Get one of the holsters that has the sheep fur padding on the part that goes against ur ankle. They're not cheap but that's what works in the long run. A small revolver in a lightweight frame like the 642 I use is what does best for me. Autos such as the LC9, PF9 don't do good for me due to the barrel hitting my ankle bone. I have even gotten in the past that sheep fur seat belt covers that sell in auto stores for extra padding to tilt the barrel more from the ankle. Another thing that's helps a lot for me is that extra strap that goes around ur leg btw ur knee and lower leg.
    If ur money is tight u can use the seat belt fur under a uncle mikes ankle holster if u have already made the mistake of getting one of theirs or one of those cheap ones off ebay for 17 bucks. Ask me how I know this already !
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Remora has high quality holsters. I have an IWB from them, no experience with their ankle set-up.

Looks like Crossbreed holsters came out with a new ankle holster set-up.

Links