Defensive Carry banner

Appendix Holster for G19

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  tracker 1 
#1 ·
I am starting to look for a holster for my glock 19. Have noticed that carrying behind 3 o clock begins to hurt my back after a little bit. Because of this I prefer appendix carry.

Is anyone appendix carrying their glock 19? If so what are you using. Have used a Mr. Softy for other guns before, but not sure how it would handle with a larger pistol.

#3 ·
I have the mr. softy as well. I first carried my cz p-01, and even my sigma for a little while in it. Both pistols carried fine in it, the p-01 didn't work cause of the beavertail and hammer, plus its just heavy. The sigma was better but just a little long. My M&P c is just a bit smaller than a 19.

I'm actually going to the range today and shooting a G19 and hopefully getting myself one today or very soon. But I am going to carry it in the mr softy as well. I have no doubts it will be fine.

BTW, what gen did you get? Any advice on getting a gen 3 or 4? I have heard that a gen 3 is maybe best, but I've found a BNIB unfired gen 4 for $475 on armslist. Kinda thinking I can't beat that. If they still have it after my trip to the range I'm prob picking it up!!

#4 ·
I don't carry a G19, but I have appendix carried an FNP-9, An M&P Shield and a Ruger P345. Based on my experience, the two best holsters I found were a Cane and Derby (they have since radically changed their design and I have heard that their delivery time and customer service have gone in the toilet) and a JM Custom Kydex AIWB (this is what I currently carry and am very happy with).

Reactions: tmoore912
#6 ·
Man just got back from the range and renting a 19, put about 100 rnds through it. I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!! And will very soon. But I got to try the gun out in the holster as well, fit like a dream, no probs I could see.

#10 ·
I have been a fan of the High Noon Public Secret holster for seveal years now carrying my Glock 19, 23 and 36 in one.

Handgun holster Belt Climbing harness Waist Gun accessory

click image to enlarge....

I also carry my S&W Model 60 in a Public Secret.

Handgun holster Belt Leather Fashion accessory Abdomen

click image to enlarge....

I prefer AIWB for concealment and speed of access.

You already have a quality pistol and in my opinion a quality holster and gunbelt are an absolute must to go with it for defensive carry.

Your life may depend on it.

#14 ·
High Noon Public Secret, HBE Slim Pro, Alessi Talon Plus, and Ritchie Nighthawk have all worked well for me with g26, g30, Sig p239 & MP9c!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.