Appendix Holster for G19

Appendix Holster for G19

This is a discussion on Appendix Holster for G19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am starting to look for a holster for my glock 19. Have noticed that carrying behind 3 o clock begins to hurt my back ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Appendix Holster for G19

Appendix Holster for G19

I am starting to look for a holster for my glock 19. Have noticed that carrying behind 3 o clock begins to hurt my back after a little bit. Because of this I prefer appendix carry.

Is anyone appendix carrying their glock 19? If so what are you using. Have used a Mr. Softy for other guns before, but not sure how it would handle with a larger pistol.

I don't use one because I have a bit too much of a spare tire but I did this one for a skinny friend of mine.

531748_343316342418370_1009165106_n.jpg

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    I am starting to look for a holster for my glock 19. Have noticed that carrying behind 3 o clock begins to hurt my back after a little bit. Because of this I prefer appendix carry.

Is anyone appendix carrying their glock 19? If so what are you using. Have used a Mr. Softy for other guns before, but not sure how it would handle with a larger pistol.
    I have the mr. softy as well. I first carried my cz p-01, and even my sigma for a little while in it. Both pistols carried fine in it, the p-01 didn't work cause of the beavertail and hammer, plus its just heavy. The sigma was better but just a little long. My M&P c is just a bit smaller than a 19.

I'm actually going to the range today and shooting a G19 and hopefully getting myself one today or very soon. But I am going to carry it in the mr softy as well. I have no doubts it will be fine.

BTW, what gen did you get? Any advice on getting a gen 3 or 4? I have heard that a gen 3 is maybe best, but I've found a BNIB unfired gen 4 for $475 on armslist. Kinda thinking I can't beat that. If they still have it after my trip to the range I'm prob picking it up!!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I don't carry a G19, but I have appendix carried an FNP-9, An M&P Shield and a Ruger P345. Based on my experience, the two best holsters I found were a Cane and Derby (they have since radically changed their design and I have heard that their delivery time and customer service have gone in the toilet) and a JM Custom Kydex AIWB (this is what I currently carry and am very happy with).
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Many people carry the Glock 19 in a Mr Softy. As long as you have a good belt you will have no problems.

With that said maybe you want more features. The big brother with all bells and whistles to the Mr Softy is Public Secret w/clip
    That will take care of any size gun, it is a much thicker package to handle all of the features. Its a trade off like anything else in concealed carry.

Alex

Distinguished Member
    Man just got back from the range and renting a 19, put about 100 rnds through it. I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!! And will very soon. But I got to try the gun out in the holster as well, fit like a dream, no probs I could see.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Many people carry the Glock 19 in a Mr Softy. As long as you have a good belt you will have no problems.

With that said maybe you want more features. The big brother with all bells and whistles to the Mr Softy is Public Secret w/clip
    That will take care of any size gun, it is a much thicker package to handle all of the features. Its a trade off like anything else in concealed carry.

Alex
    Do like any of your products I have tried so far. Have gone for the soft stuff due to cost largely. May be time to save up for the nicer version. Too bad I haven't seen any sales on your site. Would go for the public secret and a mag holder.

Dale Fricke ArchAngel is what I use.

Great product and great service.
    tmoore912 likes this.

Do like any of your products I have tried so far. Have gone for the soft stuff due to cost largely. May be time to save up for the nicer version. Too bad I haven't seen any sales on your site. Would go for the public secret and a mag holder.
    It looks like what you have tried did not get the job done. You need more features which means more money.

We do run sales sometimes. Get on the email list Join Email List

We do have a close out page Close Outs

With all that said the upper priced holsters will not disappoint, but 90 degree days and high humidity those thin ones are hard to beat.

But as I have stated so many times before, everyone can save money by knowing the job at hand the holster needs to do.

You have most likley read these before but I will post just in case.

Questions

Questions

Questions

Alex

Cool

I have been a fan of the High Noon Public Secret holster for seveal years now carrying my Glock 19, 23 and 36 in one.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

I also carry my S&W Model 60 in a Public Secret.

Image 1.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

I prefer AIWB for concealment and speed of access.

You already have a quality pistol and in my opinion a quality holster and gunbelt are an absolute must to go with it for defensive carry.

Your life may depend on it.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I carry a g17 w/RMR in a Dale Fricke Seraphim. On occassion, a g19 in a Dale Fricke ArchAngel.

dan
    tmoore912 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I carry my G23 in an Archangel as well.
    tmoore912 likes this.

Carry a g17 in either a fricke archangel or a fricke zach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tmoore912 likes this.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

High Noon Public Secret, HBE Slim Pro, Alessi Talon Plus, and Ritchie Nighthawk have all worked well for me with g26, g30, Sig p239 & MP9c!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Shop at Hign Noon...lots of IWB choices of quality holsters...High Noon Holsters
    You won't be disappointed!
    Old School likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links