C-Hook vs Standard Over-The-Belt vs Clip Holsters

This is a discussion on C-Hook vs Standard Over-The-Belt vs Clip Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking into buying a Kydex holster & was considering one w/ a c-hook for greater holster concealment on my belt. Anyone have any experience/opinions on ...

Thread: C-Hook vs Standard Over-The-Belt vs Clip Holsters

C-Hook vs Standard Over-The-Belt vs Clip Holsters

Looking into buying a Kydex holster & was considering one w/ a c-hook for greater holster concealment on my belt. Anyone have any experience/opinions on the c-hook vs the more traditional over-the-belt clip?

2. Remove Ads

I’ve got zero experience with “C” hooks, but I have been using “J” hooks with my Kaluban Cloak for my PPQ:

So far, so good, they hold pretty solid. It might be because I’m cinching my belt in pretty tight. They do make the holster a lot easier to get on/off ,and there’s not much of the clips showing under the belt.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

C-Clips are great for deep concealment, but if you take your holster on & off they will be a pain because you have to feed your belt through them to put them on and feed it back out to remove. I like the concept of j-hooks, but I kept having my pants creep under my belt due to the weight of the weapon.

I rely on standard clips that came with my Minotaur M-TACs more than any other.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Just ordered J clips from CB. I am hoping they will hold the rig just as well and give me a little more concealment. The "+" on the standard clip is too visible.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I have no experience with the c-clips, just the standard clips that come with the CBST. I spend much of my day outside, interacting with inspectors, engineers, clients and such, so the security of the standard clips are most important to me. But concealment is also important. When I tuck my shirt I don't tuck it tightly, I let the bottom be a little loose so it folds a bit covering most of my belt, thus mostly hiding the clips and I have never had anyone (in 3 years of me carrying) say anything to me or ask me any questions regarding them.

Im not saying anything bad about them, I have just never needed to change from the standard ones.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

C clips are what I have on my Galco King Tuck and I they are very concealable (unnoticeable) especially with a black belt. Much more so than the the big black metal clips.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Links