Defensive Carry banner

C-Hook vs Standard Over-The-Belt vs Clip Holsters

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  donp326 
#1 ·
Looking into buying a Kydex holster & was considering one w/ a c-hook for greater holster concealment on my belt. Anyone have any experience/opinions on the c-hook vs the more traditional over-the-belt clip?

#2 ·
I’ve got zero experience with “C” hooks, but I have been using “J” hooks with my Kaluban Cloak for my PPQ:

So far, so good, they hold pretty solid. It might be because I’m cinching my belt in pretty tight. They do make the holster a lot easier to get on/off ,and there’s not much of the clips showing under the belt.

Chuck

#3 ·
C-Clips are great for deep concealment, but if you take your holster on & off they will be a pain because you have to feed your belt through them to put them on and feed it back out to remove. I like the concept of j-hooks, but I kept having my pants creep under my belt due to the weight of the weapon.

I rely on standard clips that came with my Minotaur M-TACs more than any other.

#5 ·
I have no experience with the c-clips, just the standard clips that come with the CBST. I spend much of my day outside, interacting with inspectors, engineers, clients and such, so the security of the standard clips are most important to me. But concealment is also important. When I tuck my shirt I don't tuck it tightly, I let the bottom be a little loose so it folds a bit covering most of my belt, thus mostly hiding the clips and I have never had anyone (in 3 years of me carrying) say anything to me or ask me any questions regarding them.

Im not saying anything bad about them, I have just never needed to change from the standard ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.