Best holster for a Walther PPS 9mm

This is a discussion on Best holster for a Walther PPS 9mm within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for all the great advice, guys. You've got me really excited about getting the PPS. I should have it in the next week or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best holster for a Walther PPS 9mm

Thanks for all the great advice, guys. You've got me really excited about getting the PPS. I should have it in the next week or so.

One last question. Where do you guys buy bulk ammo for target practice?

Distinguished Member Array Caertaker's Avatar
    Wherever I want. Lol. This link gives you a few options:

Ammo For Sale : Cheap Ammo : Find Ammunition at AmmoSeek.com

I know my PPS9 is a little finicky with ammo. For instance I've had some FTF with the Wincester Ranger 147gr so I've swithed to the 147gr Gold Dots and it's running smoothly.

For a holster I like my DM BUllard Dual Carry, but the cant can be a little extreme for some people as it is meant to be work at ~4-4:30, not small of the back or at 3-3:30. I've tried the ComTac and I prefer an all leather holster for IWB. There are a lot of good one out there.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

IWB Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by dward075 View Post
    Hey all. I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some advice. I'm getting ready to buy a Walther PPS 9mm for CC, and was wondering what the best options are for a holster. I am specifically looking for an IWB option, but will also be carrying it in a computer bag at times. I'm not sure if I should buy 2 holsters or not. Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance.

DW
    I wanted to throw this out there since some of the suggestions I saw are pricier. Obviously holsters are a personal choice, but I have had excellent luck with Alien Gear Holsters. They are inexpensive, very well made, and have swappable shells. /Alien Gear will swap out shells for guns you sell, and get new ones for $12.They are also very comfortable. I have 2 of the newer model (1 RH & 1 LH, 3.0 model) as well as one of their 2.0 models.

Welcome to the forum. The PPS is a great little pistol.

Kusiak Leather Holsters are the thinnest sturdy Leather Holsters on the market. The necessary thickness that allows you to comfortably carry inside your pants, in your business bag, pocket, tucked in ( with the tuck able option) ...

here I'm attaching two pictures these are the BearBones inside the waistband holster, there are also reinforced leather holsters available.. These holsters made specifically for the PPS, we made the pattern off the Walther PPS Pistol not of its mold, this ensures A perfect fit.
    My PPS is one of my favorite hand guns!
    Kusiak Leather IWB Holsters - Thin Concealed Carry Holsters - Glock Holsters - Springfield Holsters - Smith&Wesson Holsters - 1911 Holsters -
    WALTHER PPS S HOLSTER.JPGWALTHER PPS S HOLSTER 2.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by dward075 View Post
    I haven't started to do much research yet on the best ammo for the PPS. Any thoughts? What brand and type of ammo do you use for target practice and/or for protection?
    I have a PPS M2 and for a defense round, I use Federal HST 147gr JHP and for range I currently use American Eagle 124gr FMJ. I also carry it in an OWB Bravo Concealment BCA holster.
    Gun Violence does not exist. Guns only do one of two things, Function or Fail. Violence is from the heart.

I have a simply rugged cuda I've been using for my PPS .40 for about a year. It does a pretty decent job but I wanted something a little better. I have a Nelson Wrangler on order. Looking forward to trying that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusiak View Post
    Kusiak Leather Holsters are the thinnest sturdy Leather Holsters on the market. The necessary thickness that allows you to comfortably carry inside your pants, in your business bag, pocket, tucked in ( with the tuck able option) ...

here I'm attaching two pictures these are the BearBones inside the waistband holster, there are also reinforced leather holsters available.. These holsters made specifically for the PPS, we made the pattern off the Walther PPS Pistol not of its mold, this ensures A perfect fit.
    My PPS is one of my favorite hand guns!
    Kusiak Leather IWB Holsters - Thin Concealed Carry Holsters - Glock Holsters - Springfield Holsters - Smith&Wesson Holsters - 1911 Holsters -
    WALTHER PPS S HOLSTER.JPGWALTHER PPS S HOLSTER 2.JPG
    Wow, those look great. I had no idea about these.

I've got an M1 PPS on the way soon and this is gonna be the holster I get. Great price too!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links