Best holster for a Walther PPS 9mm

This is a discussion on Best holster for a Walther PPS 9mm within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all. I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some advice. I'm getting ready to buy a Walther PPS 9mm for CC, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best holster for a Walther PPS 9mm

Best holster for a Walther PPS 9mm

Hey all. I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some advice. I'm getting ready to buy a Walther PPS 9mm for CC, and was wondering what the best options are for a holster. I am specifically looking for an IWB option, but will also be carrying it in a computer bag at times. I'm not sure if I should buy 2 holsters or not. Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance.

DW

2. Remove Ads

I bought a High Noon Mr. Softy as a starter holster to hold me over until I had more funds. After carrying with it a while I never felt the need for another holster. For appendix carry the Mr. Softy is great. I also was able to spin it around to 3-4 o clock when needed.

Not sure what would work best in a bag though. Maybe stitch or velco a pocket holster in? Never tried it so that is really just a shot in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    I bought a High Noon Mr. Softy as a starter holster to hold me over until I had more funds. After carrying with it a while I never felt the need for another holster. For appendix carry the Mr. Softy is great. I also was able to spin it around to 3-4 o clock when needed.

Not sure what would work best in a bag though. Maybe stitch or velco a pocket holster in? Never tried it so that is really just a shot in the dark.
    Thank you for the info. Were you carrying the PPS too?

Yes. 9mm. Great gun.

Yes. 9mm. Great gun.
    I haven't started to do much research yet on the best ammo for the PPS. Any thoughts? What brand and type of ammo do you use for target practice and/or for protection?

I use anything for practice ammo. I carry 147 grey gold dot hollowpoints.

the is a list of loads that meet FBI standards. search for it and use one you like.

I use anything for practice ammo. I carry 147 grey gold dot hollowpoints.

the is a list of loads that meet FBI standards. search for it and use one you like.
    Thanks again.

My EDC in a 9mm Walther PPS. I mainly use one of two holsters:

To and from work: The Original Remora No Clip Concealment Holsters thrown in computer bag or inside waistband, stuck in between seat and console then locked in box under my seat.

The rest of the time: Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

Both work well for my needs. I'd prefer to stick with the MTAC but since I work for sheep my 2a rights are denied.

Self-defense ammo is: Detail Page for Part # 23617

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    My EDC in a 9mm Walther PPS. I mainly use one of two holsters:

To and from work: The Original Remora No Clip Concealment Holsters thrown in computer bag or inside waistband, stuck in between seat and console then locked in box under my seat.

The rest of the time: Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

Both work well for my needs. I'd prefer to stick with the MTAC but since I work for sheep my 2a rights are denied.

Self-defense ammo is: Detail Page for Part # 23617
    Great info. I really appreciate it. Which clip do you use when you carry? Is your Remora holster the 6ART? Thanks!

I have been carrying my PPS 9mm in an Old Faithful hybrid holster for about 4 months so far. Once you get it dialed in for position on your waist and cant, it is extremely comfortable. I bought the "premium" kit where all I had to do was assemble it. I have been thrilled with it so far. I think it is the equal to most/all of the other hybrids out there, but is a fraction of the cost.

I also occasionally use a Remora holster, mostly for pocket carry. The gun in the holster is pretty large in a pocket, and a true pocket holster would probably be marginally better, but it does the job when I am in a position where I might be bending/lifting or very active and I am worrying about the butt of the gun printing. I mostly wear cargo shorts and oversize tees, polos, or button downs since I am in the Florida Gulf Coast area. Again, it is probably a bit too big for pocket carry, but it does work in a pinch. I may pick up a S&W Bodyguard .380 for times when a small pocket pistol would be good, or I want a BUG to my PPS IWB. I was also considering a Glock 19 or PPQ for a bigger, higher capacity gun for "comfort", but I am thinking maybe just the bodyguard as a backup to my PPS (with 1-2 spare PPS mags) and I would be ready to just about anything a handgun would be able to help resolve.

I carry the gun with the 7 round magazine 100% of the time. However I am considering getting a 6 rd for those occasions where I am pocket carrying and may also consider a few more 8 rounders and use 1 for IWB. I always carry the 8rd as a spare/backup mag.

As for ammo, I have been carrying 115gr Hornady Critical Defense, but I am probably going to switch over to the 147gr Federal LE HST after doing a LOT of reading...

Good luck!

Those MTAC holsters are great too. I found it very comfortable for a larger gun. Could on imagine with a PPS. It balances the weight out well.

Even with those pluses I wanted to carry around 1oclock. Somethign that goes off and on quick. That is where the Mr. Softy came in.

I use either a Remora or a crossbreed super tuck for my pps 9mm

Walther PPS-9 in a Comp-Tac Minotaur at about 3:30 here, very comfortable rig”

For ammo I carry 147grain REM Golden Saber. About 95% of the time I'm using the 6rd mag, and carrying a 7rd spare.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

PPS was my primary EDC until fairly recently. I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Remora for times I'm wearing gym shorts or going somewhere where CC is illegal and I know I'm going to have to disarm in the car. The Remora is a 6ART with no SS.

Both holsters perform flawlessly and are extremely comfortable. Note that I needed to keep the PPS in the Remora 6ART for a couple days before it got to the point that I wasn't drawing the holster along with the weapon. So don't let the fact that it seems too tight on the gun when you first get it lead you to return it before breaking it in.

Quote Originally Posted by dward075 View Post
    Great info. I really appreciate it. Which clip do you use when you carry? Is your Remora holster the 6ART? Thanks!
    At night I carry the 8 round magazine I bought off zepplin03 or one of the others just like it. Lol. During the day I put in the 7 round.
    I had thought my Remora was a 5Art but when I looked on the website I didn't see one so I guess I'm not sure. Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links