Holster for Sig Sauer Ultra Compact 1911

This is a discussion on Holster for Sig Sauer Ultra Compact 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know of ANYBODY that is making holster for the Sig ultra compact 1911? I have tried just about every manufacturer out there and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holster for Sig Sauer Ultra Compact 1911

Holster for Sig Sauer Ultra Compact 1911

Does anyone know of ANYBODY that is making holster for the Sig ultra compact 1911? I have tried just about every manufacturer out there and can't find one. I am looking for both IWB and OWB. Please help!!!!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree187 View Post
    Does anyone know of ANYBODY that is making holster for the Sig ultra compact 1911? I have tried just about every manufacturer out there and can't find one. I am looking for both IWB and OWB. Please help!!!!
    Are you actually talking to the holster makers or just looking at the websites?

In terms of leather holsters, anything for a 3" 1911 (Colt Defender, Kimber Ultra, etc.) should work

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.

I have talked to quite a few (tt gun leather, bromeland, etc) and have been told they don't make anything for that model. I was also told that a standard 3" 1911 holster will not work because the slide on the sig is slightly wider. Not sure if that's true or not. I really want something custom that really and truly fits like a glove.

JD
    Administrator
    I have talked to quite a few (tt gun leather, bromeland, etc) and have been told they don't make anything for that model. I was also told that a standard 3" 1911 holster will not work because the slide on the sig is slightly wider. Not sure if that's true or not. I really want something custom that really and truly fits like a glove.
    There's some truth to that, I won't say that Tim or Gary are wrong, but the leather can break in around the slide and it will fit, just not like the proverbial glove...

Kramer lists the Sig Ultra, and you might give Alessi a call, I don't see the Ultra listed, but they might be able to get a hold of something.

We've maintained an FFL for over 30 years now, for the express purpose of a customer being able to send us their uncommon firearms for custom fitting. Unfortunately, it is no longer cheap to ship a hand held firearm as the major carriers now require a Next Day Air service for that purpose. Custom fitting is still an option with us (except for handguns with plastic frames), but the customer is required to pick up the shipping tab both to and fro. The round trip shipping can cost anywhere from $100 to $175 over the cost of the holster depending on where the customer lives and how much the weapon is insured for.

We've been working through a contact trying to obtain a blemished or non-functional model from Sig for some time now, but thus far no luck. Sometimes I wonder if the firearm manufacturers even care if the customer is able to carry these guns once they're sold from their inventory. It would cost them nothing to have a gun sand casted and made available to holster makers at their cost. I don't know how many times we've gotten calls from customers whose gun purchases were soley dependant on whether we had access to a specific gun for fitting or not.

Good luck!
    Second Best is not an option

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Kanaley View Post
    We've maintained an FFL for over 30 years now, for the express purpose of a customer being able to send us their uncommon firearms for custom fitting. Unfortunately, it is no longer cheap to ship a hand held firearm as the major carriers now require a Next Day Air service for that purpose. Custom fitting is still an option with us (except for handguns with plastic frames), but the customer is required to pick up the shipping tab both to and fro. The round trip shipping can cost anywhere from $100 to $175 over the cost of the holster depending on where the customer lives and how much the weapon is insured for.

We've been working through a contact trying to obtain a blemished or non-functional model from Sig for some time now, but thus far no luck. Sometimes I wonder if the firearm manufacturers even care if the customer is able to carry these guns once they're sold from their inventory. It would cost them nothing to have a gun sand casted and made available to holster makers at their cost. I don't know how many times we've gotten calls from customers whose gun purchases were soley dependant on whether we had access to a specific gun for fitting or not.

Good luck!

Been there done that. I ordered by VMII for my P30 before I even bought the gun, reason I didn't buy a P30L? Not able to get a VMII for it at the time, not sure if that's changed yet.

OK, so I have e-mailed Alessi and am waiting to hear back from them. They have some really nice looking stuff. I also ran across a company calle Kirkpatrick Leather and the have a belt holster that is designed for a 3" 1911. I'm not sure if it will work or not so gonna have to talk to them. My question is has anyone ever delt with that company? Do they make good stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    There's some truth to that, I won't say that Tim or Gary are wrong, but the leather can break in around the slide and it will fit, just not like the proverbial glove...

Kramer lists the Sig Ultra, and you might give Alessi a call, I don't see the Ultra listed, but they might be able to get a hold of something.

Bianchi Model 100 Professional, Sz 10 fits mine.

Its snug at first but breaks in.

Garrett Industries, LLC Designers/Manufacturers of Custom Kydex and Leather Holsters and Tactical Gear I highly recommend them. I just ordered a second holster from them.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Garrett Industries, LLC Designers/Manufacturers of Custom Kydex and Leather Holsters and Tactical Gear I highly recommend them. I just ordered a second holster from them.
    And my 1st from them just shipped today!

Just ordered a compact undercover from Kirkpatrick. They we sip nice on the phone and said they could make it no problem. Really looking forward to seeing it. I will post pics when it gets here.

Mitch Rosen makes 3 different models, both IWB and OWB.

I just placed an order with Eric Larsen (HBE) and saw 3" 1911s on his list.

He got right back to me and has been pretty patient with my numerous changes (I know what I want even when I don't) so it might be worth giving him a call. Can't review the work yet but I understand it to be excellent.

mkh
    There are several holster makers of on the Sig forum that make holsters for the Ultra.

I had a custom holster made for my EMP that fits my Ultra though it is a little tight it is slowly stretching out and fitting better.

go look at www.extremeconcealment.com. They do custom orders. Good luck!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links