Mag Pouch Dilemma

Mag Pouch Dilemma

This is a discussion on Mag Pouch Dilemma within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guess this goes for any XD variation, but this is in regards to an XD-S. They provide in the kit: Gun 2 magazines Mag ...

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Mag Pouch Dilemma

I guess this goes for any XD variation, but this is in regards to an XD-S.

They provide in the kit:
    Gun
    2 magazines
    Mag pouch
    Holster
    Other misc

The mag pouch holds 2 magazines.
    They give you two magazines.

With one magazine in the gun, that leaves an open space for another magazine.

Pure
    Marketing
    Genius

Having OCD I cannot leave that space unfilled... it bugs me, it's supposed to have something in it.

Now, if I carry with a 5 round magazine and leave one 5 round magazine in the mag pouch I simply cannot get a single 7 round magazine to fill the space, I have to buy 2 so they are equal in size, I mean you cannot have one 5 rounder and one 7 rounder next to each other in a mag pouch.

So...

Should I get a 5 rounder or 2 7 rounders?

OCD is expensive.

OMG! What are you doing carrying a loaded gun? Don't you know if you put bullets in the gun it could fire all by itself killing random innocent people. You should not load the gun until you have to use it. Draw pistol, draw magazine, put bullets in magazine, insert magazine into pistol, rack slide, and then lay there and bleed to death while watching someone you love share their fun parts with some underpriveledged misunderstood ward of the system. Bloombergs idea not mine.

Buy whichever magazines you shoot best with, probably the 7 rounders. From what I hear about your shooting you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a nuclear warhead so you'll need the extra capacity.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I know, right?

Posted using Tapatalk 2

Links