Charter Arms Bulldog 44 special

This is a discussion on Charter Arms Bulldog 44 special within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was wondering if anyone had any OWB leather holster suggestions for the Charter Arms Bulldog 44 special, with the exposed hammer. Thanks. Bunker...

Thread: Charter Arms Bulldog 44 special

Charter Arms Bulldog 44 special

Was wondering if anyone had any OWB leather holster suggestions for the Charter Arms Bulldog 44 special, with the exposed hammer. Thanks. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

2. Remove Ads

Take a look at my site and Charter Arms suggestions.

Charter Arms Holsters by Side Guard Holsters
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Go onto the CA web site & go to their accessories page they have a Fobus paddle holster for their Bulldog 44's that they sell for apx $30.00 bought mine from them for my Bulldog & totally happy with it.

I had a Bulldog at one time (wish I still owned it!). I found that vintage holsters designed for the Colt Detective Special fit the Bulldog well, as long as they could accomodate the longer barrel length. Keep an eye on eBay and the various gun forums, and you may turn up a nice holster for little cash.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Was wondering if anyone had any OWB leather holster suggestions for the Charter Arms Bulldog 44 special, with the exposed hammer. Thanks. Bunker
    I have the Mag Pug which is the same size as the Bulldog. With such a light gun, I would like a minimalist holster like a Don Hume JIT slide. I think the holster for the Colt Detective Special or Ruger SP101 is supposed to work. I've heard that the one for the S&W K-Frame might be a better fit, though. Right now, all of those holsters are as rare as hen's teeth because they are made in batches and seel out quickly.

I bought a Gould & Goodrich holster that was supposed to fit, but it didn't and it didn't compare with the trusty old JIT Slides I have for some of my other guns.
    Last edited by lowercase; August 26th, 2012 at 05:36 AM.

I think the holster for the Colt Detective Special or Ruger SP101 is supposed to work.
    I use a IWB holster designed for the Ruger SP 101 to carry my bulldog in. The barrel sticks out just a bit but doesn't create any problems.

Michael

Links