Mil Pro on ankle?

Mil Pro on ankle?

This is a discussion on Mil Pro on ankle? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do ya'll think about an ankle holster for a Taurus Mil Pro PT 111? Too big? just curious....

Thread: Mil Pro on ankle?

ankle carry help

What do ya'll think about an ankle holster for a Taurus Mil Pro
    PT 111? Too big? just curious.
    Last edited by shaggykb; September 22nd, 2006 at 11:04 AM.

No not with bigger pant legs, I carried a g27 for a long time on my ankle as back up.

Yeah, I usually go with a boot cut jean. I'm a youngin (college age) so I dress like most guys my age . A little American Eagle or GAP or something similar. Although it's mostly target's equivelant cause I can't see myself spending 50 bucks on a shirt.....or jeans for that matter. That's a few hundred rounds from Wal-Mart. So yeah, the pant leg isn't a problem.

I wear boot-cut jeans too() and was interested in ankle carry. Are there any good threads here about ankle carrying, and also maybe some pictures of an ankle holster? Thanks.

I did a search for "ankle" and didn't come up with much.

i wouldn't want my pt140 (same size pretty much) strapped to my ankle all day.....

I did try on a Kramer Leather ankle holster that felt great for a small revolver though..

The Mil-Pro has a bit longer grip than the G26 which could cause it to print more, and it holds more rounds which will make it heavier. I tried my G26 on my ankle and it seemed really heavy. Didn't work for me, even with a Galco Ankle Glove. You need a garter to support that much weight, and I don't have large enough calves to keep the darn thing from slipping. I can't imagine running like that.
    "To my mind, it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - The Nuge

Glock26/27 is the largest and heaviest I am willing to go.

okay, so no one likes the Pro for ankle carry? I just hate waist band carry. I've tryed a few different ones and they all are in the way and uncomfortable. I might be open to a shoulder holster though. any more suggestions would be great.

Due to the way I have to dress for work carrying IWB is not realistic. I don't carry at work because it is forbidden, but I am not going to change clothes as soon as I get off work either so their policy affects my carrying methods on my off time too. I have gone to a Kel-Tec P3AT .380 pocket pistol for every day carry. I only carry my PT145Pro IWB on weekends and if going out at night.

Pocket carry has the disadvantage of making due with a less powerful less accurate weapon, but has the advantage of fast presentation and/or surprise. Its nice to be able to get a firing grip on your weapon without alerting anyone.
    "To my mind, it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - The Nuge

Lead Moderator
    I ankle carried my PT140 once................seemed too heavy, and even with boot cut jeans the pants were a bit tight for easy draw. Also I seen ankle carry as a really slow, awkward draw.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I carry the G27 in a Galco Ankle Holster all the time. Is the Mil Pro much bigger? If so, no. The G27 is big as you want on your leg

Ankle Carry...

seems very awkward to me. But at my age, when ever I have to bend down, I try to think of anything else I have to do while I'm down there.
    If I wanted to really conceal a weapon...I would use a SOB/IWB holster before I'd go the 'ankle' route. I never did feel comfortable with an ankle carry...maybe for the NAA .22LR? Anthing bigger would seem very bulky! JMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links