Beretta-brand IWB hybrid Nano holster or others

This is a discussion on Beretta-brand IWB hybrid Nano holster or others within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys first post here, long time lurker. I just got a new Nano and was wondering if anyone has experience using the IWB hybrid ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rednichols

Thread: Beretta-brand IWB hybrid Nano holster or others

Beretta-brand IWB hybrid Nano holster or others

Hi guys first post here, long time lurker.

I just got a new Nano and was wondering if anyone has experience using the IWB hybrid holster that Beretta makes. I can't seem to find I've been doing lots of reading on how people carry the Nano and must say I'm quite intrigued by the Remora. I think I'll get one for pocket carry but don't know how comfortable I would be with a no-clip holster for IWB. I've also been looking at the White Hat MaxTuck but it looks like it would get hot and I would need . I like the Beretta one because it has the micro-holes in it to give a little airflow. I've also heard good things about the Crossbreed MiniTuck so that is also definitely an option.

So seems I've narrowed it down to:
    • Beretta Hybrid
    • White Hat MaxTuck
    • Crossbreed MiniTuck
    • Remora SS

What do you guys think?

2. Remove Ads

just a question why not get the crossbreed supertuck with more distrubution? and if you get another holster besides beretta, any of them you mentioned you could take a 1/8" drill and drill your own air holes. just a thought

oh yea welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome and the idea to drill air holes!

I looked at the Crossbreed supertuck but it looks pretty big, which I am not. I don't particularly want it to run halfway down my thigh. Why would you recommend it over the minituck?

Nobody has had any experience with the Beretta-made one?? It's getting shipped with my nano and I can't decide whether to order a different one.

I carry my Nano in a Remora. It keeps something that is small, small. I like my G23 and G27 better in a Black Mamba but do have Remora's for them as well.

Have you ever had an issue with the Remora slipping down? I carry at 3:30-4:00. I live in Florida so I'm in khakis 90% of them time (I'm a developer so shorts fly at work), I'm afraid that my gun is just going to fall out the bottom of my shorts. I think I'm going to get a Remora for pocket carry but I like having my pockets so I don't think I will do it often.

I'm in TX, so it's just a bit hot here in the summer. If you don't wear a belt, get one and you will be fine. I've yet to have a problem with slippage when using the Remora with a belt to keep the pants up.

I looked at your link to the Beretta holster and it looks basically the same as the mini-tuck. Since you already ordered it I'd try it out. All holsters take some getting used to. If you don't like it at first, keep wearing it. You'll grow accustomed to it after a while. I use an MTAC for my Glocks. Same type holster just bigger. I personally wear boxers and a t shirt to keep the holster from making direct contact with my skin. I've never noticed any heat issues. And I live in Florida too!
    Question Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmHP View Post
    just a question why not get the crossbreed supertuck with more distrubution? and if you get another holster besides beretta, any of them you mentioned you could take a 1/8" drill and drill your own air holes. just a thought
    Wouldn't use a drill bit assuming that back panel is soft. But if you must, because you don't want to bother with buying a 1/4" drive punch (1/8" is too small to make a difference) use a brad-point drill bit. Meant for drilling timber, a brad point has a cutting edge round the outside. Place the item on an old block of timber or plastic, so the bit will make a crisp hole against it.

What Are Brad Point Drill Bits Used For? | eHow.com

^^^ I agree with the larger holes and the punch never thought of that. Also the block behind the holster is kind of a given IMO

I use a Smartcarry.com. holster, for my Nano. you dont even know its there, I always wear shorts here in Fl. It works great and never slips.

Links