Are you ever worried about revealing?

This is a discussion on Are you ever worried about revealing? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No, I don't worry about it. Printing, accidental exposure, etc. isn't a problem in Colorado as GeorgiaDawg said. I never wear my shirts tucked in ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are you ever worried about revealing?

No, I don't worry about it. Printing, accidental exposure, etc. isn't a problem in Colorado as GeorgiaDawg said. I never wear my shirts tucked in so there's zero chance the clips on my IWB will show if that's what I'm wearing. When it's cool enough to wear something other than just a T-shirt I normally don't wear IWB. If I am going somewhere that I would really worry about it I pocket carry but that doesn't come up very often. I don't generally go where they don't want me carrying, why give them my money.

2. Remove Ads

It'll depend on the community and the state statutes that applies to a person.

All one needs to do is consider the nature of the henky cultural/political environment we live in to understand that there's good reason to be concerned with revealing/printing. There are places I wouldn't have a problem with openly carrying or risking printing; still others where I would to everything to not advertise that I'm carrying. Depends wholly on where, and the environment there. Until we're truly at a "thou shall not infringe" and "mere carry of arms is insufficient cause for any concern/action" state, it'll be like this in many places.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I don't really worry about it per se, but I do try to avoid printing too much or letting my gun become exposed. Alabama is OC, but I just prefer to remain discreet. There are times when I may print somewhat, but as others have said, most people aren't that observant and don't have a clue. I think sometimes a CC person may become so paranoid about printing that they give it away by their constant fidgeting, pulling on shirt, etc. and draw more attention than if they just relaxed and went about their business.
    NRA Life Member

I've always adopted the policy of never allowing either handgun or any accessory to show. I'm just not going to worry about "iffy" carry methods that may be detected. No one ever need know.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I used to worry about it, now I don't. I do make sure the gun and holster are covered but I really don't care so much about printing. What others say is true, those who would care never notice, and those who would notice never care.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

I don't worry about it at all. I'm in Wisconsin, so open carry is legal. Most people don't even notice when I open carry, so I have no reason to assume they'll ever notice even 2 inches of holster showing from under a shirt. I've only had a few people turn around, see my gun and notice. They were all fine with it except for a busybody old woman at a local hardware store and she was kicked out for making a scene.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't think any state laws prohibit exposed holsters, just guns.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I try my best to not reveal since I carry concealed.

... Im glad you keep your shirt untucked cuz that belt is hideous.

Sent from my palm device.. so please excuse any typos.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I just go untucked[IWB] or pocket carry.
    On the rare occasion I wear a suit/sport jacket I just tuck my shirt in and wear the jacket.

Thats a default picture so its not my belt. I use a black.one.

Thanks for all the info. It just concerned me because the class I took hinted on printing the whole time.

I guess I have to ask, worried about revealing to who?

If it is law enforcement the answer is it all depends on what state one is in. In Wisconsin open carry is allowed so it is not an issue. If it is worry over private citizens, personally I would not worry.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Kentucky is an OC state but to CC in Kentucky you are required to carry a CC license with you when you CC.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Distinguished Member
    Pocket carry or IWB in a N82 or IWB in a Remora.
    I keep it covered, but absolutely do not worry about an accidental reveal.
    It's pretty obvious when someone's concealed carrying and worrying about being found out... always tugging on their shirts, etc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Kentucky is an OC state but to CC in Kentucky you are required to carry a CC license with you when you CC.
    Ok. Im using a Florida license which is a CC license.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernIL View Post
    Well yes, I guess its not obvious that I know I can't/don't carry in Illinios, I do visit Kentucky and Missouri alot though so those would be the two states I am concerned in.
    Where do you hold your liscense from if you live in liilinois... ? just curious... i live in ky, n ill. is right across the river, hate going over there, bur sometimes have to travel through there.... CANT.... n do it deep....
    Poseidon likes this.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links