Are you ever worried about revealing?

This is a discussion on Are you ever worried about revealing? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i used to now i don't since i pocket carry. S&W 340pd dream to pocket carry...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are you ever worried about revealing?

i used to now i don't since i pocket carry. S&W 340pd dream to pocket carry

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernIL View Post
    Ive got a m&p9c and am using the IWB Intruder holster.

Below are default pictures on the website. Im just concerned about the hooks. Does law enforcement consider that revealing? I do wear my shirt UN-tucked.

The whole idea of carrying concealed is for no one to know your carrying. If I saw you on the street it would be obvious that you are carrying. Is that what you want? Not me, I want no tells.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Livin the Life!
    Join and Support the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMac View Post
    Where do you hold your liscense from if you live in liilinois... ? just curious... i live in ky, n ill. is right across the river, hate going over there, bur sometimes have to travel through there.... CANT.... n do it deep....
    As stated in previous post I hold a non-resident license from Florida.

On my IWB I just clip it to my pants, with my belt over the clips. This hides the clips while still keeping my pants up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohican View Post
    Nothing wrong with a cabinet full of holsters. I am almost on a first name basis with the UPS/Fedex man.
    Ya, I was developing quite a fetish for holsters...After I bought my carry piece, I bought a new holster at every gun show I went to for a while.

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by Mohican View Post
    Nothing wrong with a cabinet full of holsters. I am almost on a first name basis with the UPS/Fedex man.
    Ha! Now, that's "revealing."

Yeah, but you'll really feel strange once you can you name all the staff at each of the local furniture stores within a 10mi radius.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

CJM
    No I don't worry about. I use quality gear on a real gunbelt, and wear my shirts just loose enough to properly conceal without printing and without the baggy, sloppy appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    I guess I have to ask, worried about revealing to who?

If it is law enforcement the answer is it all depends on what state one is in. In Wisconsin open carry is allowed so it is not an issue. If it is worry over private citizens, personally I would not worry.
    No reason to fear another person's fear.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMac View Post
    Where do you hold your liscense from if you live in liilinois... ? just curious... i live in ky, n ill. is right across the river, hate going over there, bur sometimes have to travel through there.... CANT.... n do it deep....
    I was just wondering where you do hold a ccl liscense ....... i
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernIL View Post
    Well yes, I guess its not obvious that I know I can't/don't carry in Illinios, I do visit Kentucky and Missouri alot though so those would be the two states I am concerned in.
    Open carry is legal in both Missouri (former resident but subject to municipal infringement so check the cities you visit ) and a quick Google shows Kentucky to be legal, so to hell with it, strap that hog leg in the open and carry away, don't worry about showing the clips. If you really worry about it you can get "C" clips that don't go over the belt.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Kentucky

Kentucky
    Summary
    Kentucky is one of our "Gold Star" open carry states. There is complete state preemption of all firearms laws, open carry is constitutionally protected with court precedent and law enforcement is aware of its legality.

I am new to this so I am worried about revealing. to your question, I don't believe it constitutes as a legal issue. but I worry about someone noticing and making a scene. as others have pointed out, most everyone is oblivious, so you have to keep that in mind. then do what you can to blend it in. those clips are FAT. I would consider another holster for that reason. but wearing it against a black belt will help, and as another member said, you could clip it under the belt for additional concealment. if you do that though, I would test drawing from the holster many times to make sure the clip doesn't require a belt for it to be secure. last thing you want is the holster coming up with the gun.

I've carried for many, many years, and have never had an issue. Very few regular people will ever notice you are armed. I can usually pick them out due to doing it for a very long time.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clan.des.tin View Post
    I am new to this so I am worried about revealing. to your question, I don't believe it constitutes as a legal issue. but I worry about someone noticing and making a scene...
    "Printing" or accidentally showing your firearm could very well be a "legal" issue depending on your state's laws regarding the matter. I suggest talking to some legal expert in your area before any trouble arises.

I am new to carrying also but I don't understand why more guys don't pocket carry??? I am self employed so I wear cargo shorts in summer and cargo pants in fall and winter and my Kahr CM9 works perfect in a Desantis pocket holster this seems to be way better and more comfortable to me than a IWB type.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Well I live in Alaska with very little gun laws. I wear a xDM 40 on my hip. Sometimes it shows sometimes it's covered just really depends. But I don't care I it shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links