Are you ever worried about revealing?

This is a discussion on Are you ever worried about revealing? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive got a m&p9c and am using the IWB Intruder holster. Below are default pictures on the website. Im just concerned about the hooks. Does ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are you ever worried about revealing?

Ive got a m&p9c and am using the IWB Intruder holster.

Below are default pictures on the website. Im just concerned about the hooks. Does law enforcement consider that revealing? I do wear my shirt UN-tucked.

It depends on the state you are carrying in. i don't worry about printing or revealing; sometimes I even open carry. If you are in IL, I would worry about carrying period, since it is illegal outside of your residence or business (it may not even be legal there).
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

In California, it is illegal to OC so the firearm cannot be exposed. Exposing the holster clips is not against the law here but when I carry, I don't expose any of it.
    JerryMac likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Nope. Carrying a full size gun, I probably print all the time. I carry daily, but no one has ever noticed. I have co-workers who have been oblivious for years. ...Also, it's legal to OC in GA, so no worries there.
    In IL... yeah, you might want to worry about printing, let alone revealing, lol.

VIP Member
    I don't care here in WI. I am legal. I wear the shirts out so the belt clips don't show. Those belt clips are kinda wide. Most of mine are smaller. (I unfortunatelty have a cabinet full of holsters )

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I don't worry about it. OC is legal in CO (most places, at least) so I'm not concerned if I print or reveal any part of my gun accidentally. I'm certainly not worried about people seeing my holster or holster clasps/hooks.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Look. A loaded 30-06 rifle on a rack in the back window of a pickup truck when it's not deer season is prima facie evidence for the game warden. Visible clips on the outside of your belt or pants is subject to conjecture.
    At certain times, and under certain circumstances.......law enforcement considers everything (walking, talking, breathing, etc.......) "revealing" in ways. They are of course highly trained to make assumptions according to criteria.
    You wear your shirt however you see fit.
    I've been thinking Illinois was a less than lethal state. I must have been misled. Carry on by all means!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I don't care here in WI. I am legal. I wear the shirts out so the belt clips don't show. Those belt clips are kinda wide. Most of mine are smaller. (I unfortunatelty have a cabinet full of holsters )
    Nothing wrong with a cabinet full of holsters. I am almost on a first name basis with the UPS/Fedex man.
    WHEC724, JerryMac and GunGeezer like this.

I don't worry much because I primarily pocket carry.

If my EDC comes out of my pocket there is probably something else to worry about at the moment.
    10thmtn, JerryMac and GunGeezer like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

When i first started I did, however now I use an OWB holster most of the time and if I don't tuck my shirt in I will show every once in a while.

It would also help if the guy was wearing a black belt that would hide the clips too, also they have different clips like J hooks that are even better for concealment purposes
    JerryMac and DoctorBob like this.

Well yes, I guess its not obvious that I know I can't/don't carry in Illinios, I do visit Kentucky and Missouri alot though so those would be the two states I am concerned in.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I use a trimmed down CBST with velco clips that are concealed behind the belt. Combine that with AIWB, I have 100% concealment. (No exposed clips, no grip printing and NO deformed looking bulge.)

I wouldn't worry to much OP. 95% of people are clueless anyway. Even if they do notice anything, you can always say the clips are used to hold a "Life saving device" in case you are faced with a life threatening emergency.

-

I wear the crossbreed supertuck with the XD service model (full size grip with a 4" barrel) as my daily carry. I always tuck in my shirt regardless if it is a T-shirt or dress shirt. My clips do show on my belt (especially a brown belt). I carried for over 6 weeks day in and day out before my wife noticed the clips. She had no idea I was carrying. I have yet been questioned by anyone about the clips or if I was priniting. Only people the conceal carry will notice the clips and put 2 and 2 together. In my opinion, everyone else is pretty oblivious.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernIL View Post
    Well yes, I guess its not obvious that I know I can't/don't carry in Illinios, I do visit Kentucky and Missouri alot though so those would be the two states I am concerned in.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Kentucky and Missouri OK with open carry?
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

TN has a Handgun Carry Permit law, not a CCW...they fought to keep the word Concealed out of it, just for purpose of open carry if so desired. Everyone in the know...will know what the clips are anyway...just like the fanny pack on a guy screams GUN. LOL. Throw on a loose button-up shirt and leave it un-tucked.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links