Blade Tech "Ultimate Concealment Holster"

This is a discussion on Blade Tech "Ultimate Concealment Holster" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have one of these? I just ordered one a couple of days ago. Interested in any first hand reviews. Thanks!...

Thread: Blade Tech "Ultimate Concealment Holster"

Anyone have one of these? I just ordered one a couple of days ago. Interested in any first hand reviews. Thanks!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by OpFlash; September 22nd, 2006 at 01:07 PM.
    "To my mind, it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - The Nuge

I have one for a Firestar M43 and it is a great rig.

It is a full loop connection.

Right now I have one with a cell phone holster glued to the outside of the loop. When tucked it perfectly covers the belt loop.

I am going to get a couple more S hooks (their description). One I am going to take a dremel to and turn into a J hook, I want to play around with a couple options. NOTE: if you want more than one S hook tell them NOW or you will have to return the holster so they can make the hooks for it.

I just called them and they said it was a S-Hook and it could be clipped on and off, which is what I wanted so I deleted that section of my post. To me that's not a full loop. Can you clip your's on without unlacing your belt?
    "To my mind, it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - The Nuge

I think it looks like a great holster. I have a similar one for my G27 made by Comp-Tac. I was looking at the UCH a few weeks back for another gun. In case you did not see this, here is a review on a couple of the Blade Tech holsters that I found. It spoke well about both of them.
    http://www.sportshooter.com/gear/rev_bladetech_g26.asp

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Quote Originally Posted by OpFlash View Post
    I just called them and they said it was a S-Hook and it could be clipped on and off, which is what I wanted so I deleted that section of my post. To me that's not a full loop. Can you clip your's on without unlacing your belt?
    Yes I can but it is certainly not easy. To be honest I have never done so but reaching down to it right now I can see how you could.

The S Hook fully encircles the belt and must be pulled open in order to slip it on. I just run the belt through it when putting it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    The S Hook fully encircles the belt and must be pulled open in order to slip it on. I just run the belt through it when putting it on.
    Yeah that's what I was trying to avoid. I like to be able to leave the gun holstered when I take it of and put it back on. Its a pretty heavy weight tio have hanging off your belt while you are trying to finish threading and buckling.

Thanks for the review link ront. I don't understand why he says the UCH is thicker in the pants though and the photos he gives don't do a good job of showing that either.

Quote Originally Posted by OpFlash View Post
    Thanks for the review link ront. I don't understand why he says the UCH is thicker in the pants though and the photos he gives don't do a good job of showing that either.
    I really did not understand that either, but there were good pics in the review.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

I just noticed the pictures in the review are for the previous UCH version. The Blade Tech site did mention that they had redesigned the UCH to make it smaller. If you compare the following pics you can see that the new design moves the S Hook anchor point off to the side so it is not added to the thickness of the wide part of the holster.

Edit: For some reason I can't get it to take more than one attachment? Just compare the pic below to the one in my original post.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by OpFlash; September 22nd, 2006 at 09:56 PM.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have one for a Ruger P95. The holster works well as long as I have it teamed with a good stiff belt. With the single attachment it will roll me somewhat if my belt has any give in it at all. I recently bought a Wilderness Instructor belt with the polymer insert, and I am extremely pleased with how it works with the UCH.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

OPflash,
    Did they say how long your wait would be when you ordered? I am thinking about getting a UCH also and am curious what their backlog is now.

Also thanks Ront for posting the great review article link, the pictures were helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grislic View Post
    OPflash,
    Did they say how long your wait would be when you ordered? I am thinking about getting a UCH also and am curious what their backlog is now.

Also thanks Ront for posting the great review article link, the pictures were helpful.
    It was 5 weeks.

Links