S&W M&P 9c holster

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 9c holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are some of the holsters recommended for the S&W M&P 9c? I'm still trying to figure out if I want a IWB or OWB ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: S&W M&P 9c holster

S&W M&P 9c holster

What are some of the holsters recommended for the S&W M&P 9c? I'm still trying to figure out if I want a IWB or OWB for this gun so any input on either of these options would be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    The biggest advantage to an IWB holster is it's ability to hide the lower portion of the holster. The biggest disadvantage is less comfort. With short barreled compact guns a well designed OWB holster is more comfortable and there's little worry of the bottom of the holster becoming exposed.

I make this holster for the M&P compacts and as you can see the bottom of the holster protrudes very little below the bottom of the belt.

goober45 likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    I have a DeSantis Cozy Partner,a no name leather single, very wide clip holster, and a Remora for the M&P compacts.
    They all work well, the DeSantis being the largest and more complicated(snap loops) but still bery comfortable.

The brown holster is the DeSantis, I have a black one, and the other is the leather clip.

Don't have a pic of the Remora.
    Attached Images
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I carry my M&P 40C in a High Noon Hidden Ally. Extremely comfortable and very easy to make the gun disappear even when wearing a T shirt.

Hidden Ally

How much do you charge for one of the holsters pictured? and are they compatible with the ambi-safety?

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    The biggest advantage to an IWB holster is it's ability to hide the lower portion of the holster. The biggest disadvantage is less comfort. With short barreled compact guns a well designed OWB holster is more comfortable and there's little worry of the bottom of the holster becoming exposed.

I make this holster for the M&P compacts and as you can see the bottom of the holster protrudes very little below the bottom of the belt.

I use a Galco leather, works great.

Check out a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, you can then wear it either way, you get both options with one holster.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sponsor
    We have holsters available for the M&P Shield. You can find them here. S&W M&P Shield, SHTF Gear ACE-1 Holster

We have over 200 positive reviews of our ACE (always combat effective) holsters on various online market places. Each holster ships in 3-5 days.

Thanks!
    Clay
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

EdC
    I have a Galco Double Time for my M&P 9c. I like it.
    I also use a Remora from time to time.

cj
    Personally I ended up with a Kholster (hybrid-style IWB) that I picked up on one of his sales, which I then cut down to get a better grip. Comfortable and concealable considering my clothing style and body type.

For my 9c I use the Crossbreed supertuck, Galco triton, and Remora full shield for IWB.

I have TT Gunleather Mikes Special IWB and DDOO Snap Removeable OWB for my 9c.......extremely well built and comfortable. Check out his website.....lots of pics in the photo gallery! I use Tim's holsters for ALL my carry pistols!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

High Noon Slide Guard. Damn comfortable and well made. IWB Brommeland Max Con V.

I have yet to get an OWB. I use a crossbreed Supertuck and I love it. Great holster.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Carry my 40c in one of these, in case you're considering a kydex rig.

Personal Security Systems Kydex Holsters
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links