Flat bottom pocket holsters.

This is a discussion on Flat bottom pocket holsters. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've noticed almost all the pocket holsters out there have a flat bottom. The intent, I think, is to insure the gun stays upright. My ...

Thread: Flat bottom pocket holsters.

I've noticed almost all the pocket holsters out there have a flat bottom. The intent, I think, is to insure the gun stays upright.

My pockets aren't flat on the bottom though, they're pointed. As a result, I've been using an uncle mike iwb concealed carry holster tucked in my pocket instead of iwb. This holster is pointed at the business end and settles in pretty securely. Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

It depends on the shape of your pockets. If you have tapered pockets like most jeans have, then a pointed holster is better. Mika is a favorite pocket holster maker; they make both flat- and round- bottom and I hear their round-bottom holster is the most popular. Most pockets I want to carry in are flat bottomed so I use that shape (DeSantis Nemesis).
    Last edited by Ransom; August 15th, 2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Finished incomplete thought

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Remora has a pocket holster with a taper instead of a flat bottom. Mine works great.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

rkbaholsters.com gives you the option for a flat our rounded bottom
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Mika also offers them square or round. I have one of each for my snub depending on the shape of my pocket.

Links