XDsc carry ideas?

This is a discussion on XDsc carry ideas? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seeing your responses and reasons ; I'ld suggest a carry shirt. Amazon.com: Packin Tee Concealment T-Shirt / Shoulder Holster, Concealed Weapon Holster: Sports & Outdoors ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: XDsc carry ideas?

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

I just got my crossbreed supertuck deluxe for my XDsc 40cal, and it prints pretty badly. :/ I have adjusted the front hook to the point that if it goes any lower the kydex will be lower than the edge of my pants. I have tried 3, 4, and 5 o' clock and it just doesn't feel like I'm doing it right. My shirts catch everytime I sit down. I have a pretty thick belt on, but it isn't a 'gun belt'. I am 5'11, 170lbs, and wear 32 inch pants, so I am definitely interested in the final content this thread.

I adjust where I put mine depending on what I'm wearing. With the jeans I had on today I could shift it closer to my hip which is where it's most comfortable for me. However the shorts I wore yesterday I had to shift it over more towards the small of my back. Dark or printed shirts work best to hide it from printing. My shirts do sometimes catch, (I don't wear huge shirts) I jumped a fence a couple times tonight at the kids' sport practice and as soon as my feet hit the ground I gave a little tug on the back of my shirt. No one said anything and I don't think anyone noticed. The only time it was noticed tonight was I'd shimmied under my van when I first got there to check something and when I stood back up I was covered in dirt. A good friend wiped down my back and of course felt it - she knows I carry though or I would never have let her touch me.

I take it the only problem with the smart-carry was shorts falling off. One solution new shorts with elastic waistband. Another would be one of those belts that are stretchy you can tighten enough to hold shorts up and it will stretch even more for the draw.

I love my smart-carry but only have a small(for J-frame) so my XDsc will not fit in it. I need to order a larger one.

I carry a G26 or a G19 (both with milled RDS) in the AIWB position under t-shirts all the time. I even helped coach a little league team carrying this way. Been carrying this way since my own son was about the age you mention. It's not that difficult.

If I need deeper concealment, I use a slightly modified bellyband under a tucked shirt. But the gun is still in the appendix position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links