XDsc carry ideas?

This is a discussion on XDsc carry ideas? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry an XDsc, and have no desire to carry anything smaller. That being said, I currently carry in a super tuck that I really ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: XDsc carry ideas?

XDsc carry ideas?

I carry an XDsc, and have no desire to carry anything smaller. That being said, I currently carry in a super tuck that I really like. There are times I would rather have more freedom than the IWB provides. I purchased a smart carry, and it works well. The problem I have is my shorts fall down. I can wear a belt to keep my shorts up, but then can't draw the gun. Anyone have any ideas of products that could help me. The only requirement is that it works with a t-shirt. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I got a romora its clipless. Was very surprised how great this works. very rarely where my hartwell clip n go.
    sid1 and ptco911 like this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I have a few Holsters but keep going back to the remora for my XD. I take the dog for a walk in sweats and stays put.

I am looking for deeper concealment. It would be nice to play with my 4 year old at the park without constantly having to sweep my shirt, or verify concealment. I was thinking of trying a belly band, but I doubt it would be comfortable with an xd. I have not tried the remora yet, but I have a remora mag pouch in the mail. Is the remora quick to put on, or do you have to unbutton jean to slip it in? How deep can you wear the remora?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFLYFYTER View Post
    I carry an XDsc, and have no desire to carry anything smaller. That being said, I currently carry in a super tuck that I really like. There are times I would rather have more freedom than the IWB provides. I purchased a smart carry, and it works well. The problem I have is my shorts fall down. I can wear a belt to keep my shorts up, but then can't draw the gun. Anyone have any ideas of products that could help me. The only requirement is that it works with a t-shirt. Thanks!
    My Brommeland Max-Con V iwb holsters on a Wilderness Instructor belt works perfectly under a t-shirt all day, every day through an entire range of activities, including playing with my nieces and nephew at family get-togethers. My gear is secure, comfortable, concealed yet extremely accessable one-handed all the time.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Maybe I will try a thin undershirt that is tucked in. Maybe add a piece of rubber to the holster to help it stay tucked in. That should keep my outer shirt from hanging on the grip. It would still be 10 times faster to draw than a smart carry. Any other ideas?

I have both a Remora and a Galco Summer Comfort. I use the Galco most of the time but for grab quick and go the Remora is great.

Get a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro and you can wear it anyway you like! I know, I do it everyday!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

For quick trips to the store with the XD I use a PJ Holster carried AIWB.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cool

Mac fly Check out TactiPac.com they are on YouTube & have a video on their Fusion Holster Demo by Anthony the co owner. I just received mine for my XD40 gun the other day only a 2 week wait & the $80.00 bucks & free Shp was wort it. This holster is great & can be worn in a few ways IWB or OWB so check it out I am totally happy with mine wore it a few days & very comfortable etc.
    Last edited by REDTAIL; August 19th, 2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spell check

love my XDsc,,,, use UBG leather, bonneville, is a high rige own, can be covered well with tee.....also use a canute IWB, remora should not be overlooked for a fast grab n go holster, i use it for a different gun, but it works well also, here is a pic of my bonneville...IMG_0683.jpg
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    My Brommeland Max-Con V iwb holsters on a Wilderness Instructor belt works perfectly under a t-shirt all day, every day through an entire range of activities, including playing with my nieces and nephew at family get-togethers. My gear is secure, comfortable, concealed yet extremely accessable one-handed all the time.
    +1 - winner!

For the most part I've stopped worrying if my shirt catches for a minute, my movement will straighten the shirt out in no time. I always wear a thin tank under my clothes, if I'm really worried about the gun catching I'll tuck the tank around the gun as I would if I wanted to tuck an outer shirt. That helps keep my outer garment from catching, but I rarely bother with that. It seems to be something I'm more worried about than is really an issue. I was running around the park last Sat chasing several 10 yr olds on my son's football team, in the rain, with every other parent watching this crazy woman and no one said (and I assume) saw a thing.

Get that Supertuck back out of your underwear drawer and dial in the ride height and cant of carry. This style of holster is the only holster you'll ever need. Trust me, there is NO faster presenting holster (in my opinion) than a kydex-leather hybrid. A handgun sliding across a flat piece of leather that is only held in place by a thin piece of kydex moves like lightning.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

I bought the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe IWB holster. I also bought a crossbreed two magazine OWB mag carrier as well. It fits very well with an untucked t-shirt or polo shirt.

While I waited for my Crossbreed holster I bought a Galco Stow-N-Go Inside Pant Holster. I still use the Galco holster when I only carry an extra 9 round magazine in my pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links