Sig P226 MK25 NAVY holster(s)?

This is a discussion on Sig P226 MK25 NAVY holster(s)? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My new Sig is on the way and Comp-Tac doesn't make a paddler for this model. Any other votes for a similar style holster?...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By OPFOR
  • 1 Post By RightyLefty
  • 1 Post By Chuck R.
  • 1 Post By SgtRick

Thread: Sig P226 MK25 NAVY holster(s)?

My new Sig is on the way and Comp-Tac doesn't make a paddler for this model. Any other votes for a similar style holster?

VIP Member
    Is there a reason that this won't fit in a standard P226 holster?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Comp-Tac rep says the MK25 has a wider rail than a standard 226. I took him for his word, I'm sure he wouldn't avoid my money......I just printed it today and I have several holsters from them.

VIP Member
    Hm. I reckon that that's possible... Seems like it couldn't be THAT much wider, but yes - it's unlikely that Comp-tac would willingly turn down an order if they could fill it.
    stroguy likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Here is the cut and paste from his email. I was a bit open jawed as well.

Good Afternoon Mr. XXXXXXXX,

I’m sorry someone should have gotten back with you sooner. Unfortunately, we do not have a holster that will accommodate this pistol. It would seem that the rail used on this pistol is just slightly wider than the rail on our standard P226 w/rail.
    You may want to look into our friends over at Blade-Tech, they may be able to help you.

Thank you,
    -David Wisby

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I don't have any advice on a holster but I thought I would mention Hickok45 just put up a video review of the P226 Navy if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U32H...1&feature=plcp
    stroguy likes this.

I believe Kaluban Cloak makes a holster for the 226 navy, or at least their site shows one with a SureFire X300:

Kaluban Cloak

Their order form also show’s a 226R and 226R Combat.

I’ve got a couple KCs for my Walther PPQs and have been very pleased. They also make a paddle attachment. I have one, and it also works pretty well, and is comfortable.

Chuck

stroguy likes this.
    homo homini lupus est

I too am having difficulty finding a holster for my MK 25 and the Sig 1911 TacOps. Both use a picitinny rail and it is wider than the standard rail. BTW you will loce the MK 25. It quickly because 1 of my favorites.

I emailed Adrian Andrews at Kaluban Cloak and he said they do in fact make a holster for the MK 25. Hope this helps. I know I am going to order one.
    stroguy likes this.

Glad you found a holster. By the way, great choice in a firearm. That looks like a really sweet SIG. Hope you post some pics when you get it.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRick View Post
    I emailed Adrian Andrews at Kaluban Cloak and he said they do in fact make a holster for the MK 25. Hope this helps. I know I am going to order one.
    You won’t be disappointed; I really like both of mine. I have one standard for a PPQ, and the 2nd for my PPQ with SureFire X400. I also have two of their mag holders; a single and a double.
    For attachments I have: paddle, progressive loops, standard 1.5”, and a set of “J” hooks for IWB. They’re very modular holsters. I had one in 15 days (during their announced training period) and the 2nd literally in 6 days when ordered on a Sunday. Their communications were timely throughout both orders.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

I wouldn't recommend a paddle for a P226. My duty piece is a P226 in .40sw and it is HEAVY! You'll need something that spreads out the weight. Maybe a Galco Fletch or Combat Master for pancake style. An even better option would be an IWB kydex-leather hybrid style. The Sig is a beautiful gun and I personally consider it to be a Cadillac among handguns, but they are very heavy and you need a good holster/belt combo to tackle the weight.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

The Milt Sparks VM2 works with the MK25 if you need an IWB. You will have to stretch it a bit with a T-shirt over night though. I carry mine this way

My Father-in-Law just bought an MK-25 and ordered a Galco from here.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/galco-av...lt-holster.htm
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links