Anyone familiar with Silent Thunder Holsters?

This is a discussion on Anyone familiar with Silent Thunder Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Garrett Silent Thunder STX for am M&P Shield. Completely awesome. Comfortable, secure, fast & quiet draw, easy 1 hand reholstering, and easy ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone familiar with Silent Thunder Holsters?

I have a Garrett Silent Thunder STX for am M&P Shield. Completely awesome. Comfortable, secure, fast & quiet draw, easy 1 hand reholstering, and easy on slide wear. A total win. Plan to get more Garretts as my needs evolve.

Tommato

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Aside from me thinking this is an "SBD", any comments on Garrett Industries stuff?
    No complaints from me... Lots of praise. Good holster. Spectacular customer service.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    Anyone have problems with the leather pulling apart from the kydex around the edges?

If this happens will the replace it?
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I've had a little issue with that, but only after I took a heat gun to the body shield to make it a little more contoured to the gun.

Just as an update, I dabbed a little superglue around the edge where I was having the leather peel off (as a result of me reshaping the holster) and it seems to be keeping it in place and stopping the fraying/peeling.

Update on mine: I have been using it a lot since my last post in this thread and have been quite happy with the holster. It originally came with the clip attachment which I was able to break taking the holster on and off my belt at work. I then ordered the full loop attachment and although it obviously takes more time to get it on and off, it is rock solid and I don't see this breaking ever. Quite happy with this holster.

I am a big fan of Garrett Industries Holsters. I'm not a relative nor employee, but I consider them good people who care that you have the best holster for you. They have been around quite a while and manufactured holsters for others to market. Not many years ago their marketer sold his business and they went alone. Note they do more than holsters including stuff for military and civilian agencies. They stand behind their work and don't hesitate to touch up or replace to make it good.

I have a Silent Thunder IWB for my PM9 and anticipate receiving my new Silent Thunder Fusion this week for my new Glock 30 SF.

Garrett Industries

Re: Anyone familiar with Silent Thunder Holsters?

I have an iwb, and am pleased with the holster... No, make that very pleased. Best customer service I've experienced online.

The only complaint is that the belt clip design adds a quarter inch to the bulge.

Other than that, very pleased...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links