Quick question, please help!

This is a discussion on Quick question, please help! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Trying to decide between a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe or a leather IWB holster made by zlogonje leathers, www.zlogonje.com Question is, I am 6' even, about ...

Thread: Quick question, please help!

Quick question, please help!

Trying to decide between a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe or a leather IWB holster made by zlogonje leathers, www.zlogonje.com

Question is, I am 6' even, about 165lbs, waist size 31, so if a holster is too big or bulky its relatively noticeable with the jeans I wear. Which will conceal better or is smaller? i.e. less width, idc about weight.

Thanks!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

2. Remove Ads

Personally, I would recommend a black mamba by concealment solutions. It is similar to the crossbreed supertuck, but better, IMO. Mine shipped next day, and it has a lifetime warranty. Best $69 I ever spent on a holster, and I have a ton of holsters. Concealment Solutions - Custom made concealment holsters

Also, I wear size 34 jeans. I can conceal a Glock 19 without printing by just wearing a t-shirt for a cover garment.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I'm a fan of Lenwood leather. Have a post on here about them.
    My training partner has a crossbreed holster and the attention to detail is not as good as with Lenwood holters.
    Lenwood Leather | Quality leather handmade in the USA.

i have a whitehat iwb holster for my walther, and a milt sparks iwb for my 45. milt sparks is ver nice, but costly and the wait was long. i love my whitehat, VERY similar to crossbreed in looks and cost. i went with them becuse they answered first.

I understand there are a lot of option out there for leather/kydex IWB holsters, but my question is if they are more easily concealed that a strictly ALL leather IWB holster like the zlogonje.com holsters?
    NRA

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    When I first read your question, I knew there would be a good number of people telling you about the holsters they carry firearms in.

I can only answer your question in terms of the Crossbreed. It is, in my opinion, crudely made and ugly, but very comfortable and functional. I have several, and like them very much.

That said, my most recent purchase was an Old Faithful Holster Kit. For $39 the holster is a hybrid (very similar to Crossbreed) but much nicer leather, and the holster gives you retention adjustment, where the Crossbreed's kydex is just riveted to the backing. Old Faithful is height and cant adjustable also. In my opinion these features make it much more desirable.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    When I first read your question, I knew there would be a good number of people telling you about the holsters they carry firearms in.

I can only answer your question in terms of the Crossbreed. It is, in my opinion, crudely made and ugly, but very comfortable and functional. I have several, and like them very much.

That said, my most recent purchase was an Old Faithful Holster Kit. For $39 the holster is a hybrid (very similar to Crossbreed) but much nicer leather, and the holster gives you retention adjustment, where the Crossbreed's kydex is just riveted to the backing. Old Faithful is height and cant adjustable also. In my opinion these features make it much more desirable.
    Wow, been looking at the site for a few mins now and its impressive. Thanks for the recommendation!
    NRA

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I am 5'11" 165. I carry a G23 or 22 in it everyday at 4:00 and it is very comfortable. I have tried many IWB holsters and by far, this one is the best for me.

If you want to carry between 3:00 and 6:00... I HIGHLY recommend the Crossbreed.
    Good luck in your search!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I'll have to go along with Freedomofchoice. The old faithful is light years ahead of the rest of the crowd of hybrid leather and kydex IWB holsters both in construction tecnique and materials. Get the level three kit and save a bunch. Anyone can assemble it as it is idiot proof.

Looks like im going to go ahead and go with the Old Faithful as it sounds like its simply an improved version of the CrossBreed. I guess the all leather holsters are probably a bit thicker anyway which would make them harder to fit IWB. Thanks everyone!
    NRA

I'll put my vote in for Crossbreed. I own three of them. A supertuck for my M&P40, and minitucks for my PF-9 and SP101. There are those that say that CB isn't the nicest looking and they're right... but if you want something that's comfortable and functional, well, I rest my case.
    Vietnam Veterans of America - Life Member
    NRA - Life Member / GOA - Life Member
    SAF - Life Member / AzCDL - Life Member
    Avid motorcyclist for over 50 years.

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving - Lao Tzu

Links