OWB For Non-Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on OWB For Non-Concealed Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently picked up a Gen4 Glock 17. It's primarily going to be range/any other reason to not carry concealed gun. I am looking for ...

Thread: OWB For Non-Concealed Carry

OWB For Non-Concealed Carry

I recently picked up a Gen4 Glock 17. It's primarily going to be range/any other reason to not carry concealed gun. I am looking for a OWB holster that has a locking feature like the Safariland ALS or 5.11 ThumbDrive. From what I have read, I'm not to keen on the ThumbDrive because if you pull up before pushing the thumb release you cannot draw until you push the gun back down. I know practice practice practice, but that's one thing that's keeping me away from the ThumbDrive. I like the ALS, but I am unsure how it rides. It looks like the belt option (preferable) is a low rise. I'm looking for a Mid rise holster, any suggestions?

I require a level II, I prefer something other than leather, and I'm looking for something other than SERPA.

"Laws can't control the lawless"

Christian Gun Owner

2. Remove Ads

Well.......before reading your entire post......I would have suggested the Serpa. (Opticsplanet.com has them on sale right now for anyone interested.....was just browsing after I ordered a 10/22 stock from them this morning)
    Anyway.......my suggestion would be to give the Fobus holsters a good look. They do basically lock onto the Glock trigger guard. Believe me......it's plenty secure and drawing from one takes a special technique that only the wearer can perform. No concern with a grab from any other angle than what the person carrying can accomplish. I've used the Fobus holsters for years in competition. Forget about negative reviews found on the internet until you actually try one yourself.

I had a Fobus for another gun and didn't care for it only because of the level 1 retention. I may not need a level 2, but it's what I want. I really liked to Fobus otherwise.

"Laws can't control the lawless"

Christian Gun Owner

Front Line holsters might be an option. They've got Level II variants in Kydex.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links