Concealed spare magazine holder

This is a discussion on Concealed spare magazine holder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been lookin about for something to place my spare 1911 officers magazine in and not have it visible. I do not want to carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Concealed spare magazine holder

I've been lookin about for something to place my spare 1911 officers magazine in and not have it visible. I do not want to carry a magazine in my pocket due to contamination with lint and it never will be where I want it when (God forbid) I need it. I've found many many mag holders for competition and many for LEO use, but nothing for a truly concealed carrier.
    Concealed means to me tucked in shirt and nothing visible, as that's what I must live with.
    Would any of you good people direct me to where I might find such an item? Cost is important but not critical.

Thank you in advance

Roger

Galco makes a "Ultra Deep Cover" magazine case that is a tuckable with a j-clip.

www.usgalco.com
    search "ammo carrier by type" and it will list this case.

VIP Member
    You might try looking here: http://www.delfatti.com/

Matt will make one IWB for you but most folks find IWB not necessary for the magazine.

Any custom holster maker will have them.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I took a piece of Naugahyde, cut it to fit and laced it together. Inexpensive, simple and works like a charm in my off side pocket.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I forgot to mention it, but KD Holsters also makes a clip single or double magazine case that is tuckable.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

IWB or OWB available.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Any old nylon pocket knife holder that's similar in size to your magazine will work great. It's secure, won't be given a second glance by anybody if it's exposed, it's slightly padded so the mag won't get damaged if you bump into something etc.
    Yes, it's not hidden in your pants but when a large percentage of the population has mobile phones, blackberries, multi-tools, etc, on their belts, whose going to notice?

You probably have several to choose from laying around the house so it won't cost you a dime.

example:

http://www.outdoorsupply.com/gerber/ge_a/8766.jpg
    ginzo and NH_Esau like this.

Tucker Gunleather makes an IWB tuckable mag carrier. I got one to go with my Answer IWB holster.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Many people find IWB mag carry very uncomfortable, even more-so than IWB pistol carry. With a gun IWB, the belt pressure is distributed across the entire width of the gun and holster. With an IWB mag, the belt pressure is concentrated on that 1 inch or so magazine width pressing it into your side. The mag must also be sated deep enough to prevent it from toppling up and out of the waistband, and seating it this deep makes aquisition slow and difficult.
    In a deep concealment situation, you may be better served by a pocket mag carrier or even an ankle mag carrier.
    Personally, if deep concealment is primary, I would opt for a second small pistol in a pocket holster rather than a reload.
    It has been said by many of the best trainers :
    "The fastest reload is a second gun"
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

I agree with High velocity I bought two of these pouches for five bucks recently, one fits my 1911 mags and one for my Makorov nobody pays them any attention to them. Everybody wears some kind of pouches these days.

Exactly what Mark said. I can pack my 1911 IWB all day and all evening, but can't do one hour IWB with the magazine.
    I finally went with an OWB mag carrier, if you want completely concealed, then ask Mark or another one of the makers here to put a flap over the top. Mine's open, but I wear a vest all the time.
    When people see it, they usually don't even notice. One lady told me that I had a really nice knife holder. Another said she didn't know they made cell phones that narrow.
    Non-gun people just do not recognize it at all. Much, much more comfortable than IWB.
    And, to again go along with Mark, I've also got a Kel-Tec in my pocket. That's my primary "reload."

Excellent ideal HighVelocity, never saw or thought of that (I am not that creative) and think it is a very good option.

Old cell phone holsters work great also. The one for my old Nokia holds two single stack mags.
    vice87 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
    Old cell phone holsters work great also. The one for my old Nokia holds two single stack mags.
    Can't beat a $5 option!
    ~ Brian

That's how I carry mine, weak side, about 5:00. Found a pouch in wally world for like $8. It's flap is held in place by velcro, very secure.

Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    Any old nylon pocket knife holder that's similar in size to your magazine will work great. It's secure, won't be given a second glance by anybody if it's exposed, it's slightly padded so the mag won't get damaged if you bump into something etc.
    Yes, it's not hidden in your pants but when a large percentage of the population has mobile phones, blackberries, multi-tools, etc, on their belts, whose going to notice?

You probably have several to choose from laying around the house so it won't cost you a dime.

example:

http://www.outdoorsupply.com/gerber/ge_a/8766.jpg
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links