Sold on Fanny Pack Carry

This is a discussion on Sold on Fanny Pack Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is considered a good fanny pack for a S&W J Frame Airweight, couple speed loaders, misc stuff?...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Sold on Fanny Pack Carry

What is considered a good fanny pack for a S&W J Frame Airweight, couple speed loaders, misc stuff?
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

2. Remove Ads

many mango seasons ago back in the 80's and early 90's i used one in miami and the keys. when on the beach everybody had one on. then around the mid 90's they fell out of use. i still got one or two old ones in the "holster of the month" foot locker.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

The only problem I have with a fanny pack holster setup, is then I'd have to wear a fanny pack ;)
    Doodle likes this.

thanks for this thread. it's almost 5am, i can't sleep, the pregnant wife can't either(pain) and i'm laughing to the point of tears. especially that hat! holy crap!! that's hilarious. can you imagine seeing a dude with a snub nose revolver in that thing?!?!

Where I found my fanny pack worked great and no one seemed to notice was at the beach at Orange beach and general wear in and around that area. That's really the only way I found when actually down at the beach with a bathing suit. I also wore it around here in Arkansas at some of the craft fairs and events that were in July. I actually put my wallet, keys and everything in there. This was mainly because I sweat so bad and when it's over 100 deg my clothes look like I've been swimming. I did wear a long shirt over it so it wasn't too noticeable. No one ever seemed to take a second look or say anything. Really at the beach I didn't care anyway. I looked like a geek with my big floppy Tilley to cover my bald head and snow white legs and doubt that I would ever see anyone from there again anyway. My teenage daughter said that I looked like a nerd but she had a good time with the pic after posting it on Facebook.
    surefire7 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I literally have not seen a fanny pack since I was a very young child in "vacation areas" . I am much more observant than your average and if I spotted someone rocking a fanny pack in "normal day to day activities" I'd immediately wonder what type of firearm, reloads,..etc he has in it. JMO.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I'd rather get shot and raped than wear a fanny pack! My wife said she would shoot me herself if I wore a fanny pack!!!!!!!
    nativenyerintexas, Doodle and GH like this.

I'm no fashion guru, but if you care nothing about personal style, go for a fanny pack.

My intention is not to flame the OP or others who use fanny packs but they are so outdated and scream dork who gave up on caring about how people perceive them. And they scream, "I've got a gun!"
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

First off many wear fanny packs all the time on vacation or at the zoo or other places ladies don't want to carry a purse. You see them all over the place at antique shops or second hand stores because people want to keep both hands empty and a purse is a pain to drag around.

My step daughter always carries in a fanny pack. She does have a ccw purse for when a purse is called for and also has a holster if needed. BUT with small children and always on the go the fanny pack works great for her. I am getting one to use when I am out in the yard and at the camp grounds. Camp grounds wouldn't be that big a deal. People wear them all the time so ladies don't have to carry a purse and guys are in shorts and no shirt. In the yard it is right there where I want it and I can go around in shorts and a nice fitting t shirt.

There comes a time or maybe an age we stop caring about what people think about how we look. I guess I have always been that age. There is a time to look drop dead gorgeous and a time to care about being Practical.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I'd rather get shot and raped than wear a fanny pack! My wife said she would shoot me herself if I wore a fanny pack!!!!!!!
    WOW, well, as a woman I can say I would rather wear a fanny pack.
    surefire7 and ClintTo like this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

If I wear shorts pulled-up under my armpits with dark socks with sandals with a Sam Snead hat with flip-up, clip-on sunglasses with a hawaiian-print shirt with a camera bag with a lawn chair with a runny-eyed schnauzer & a nagging wife named Francis in a Winnebago...then a fanny pack is perfect concealment.

(*Actually I DO have one. A KaBar TDI model with the biggest yellow & black "Nikon" patch I could find sewed to the front. Works great in the right environments.)
    Doodle and ClintTo like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    There comes a time or maybe an age we stop caring what people think about how we look.
    ^^^^^^^^This I agree with...^^^^^^^^^ Once a person enters an area in life, where MATURITY and SELF CONFIDENCE is demonstrated more than keeping up with Lady Ga Ga's fashions, then worrying about how others perceive us is of no consequence in how we pursue our daily lives. Too bad there are those that "pooh pooh" another's choice, whether it be in clothes or carry options. In my humble opinion they should worry more about themselves, and less about others.

Oh, and for the record, I've carried OWB, IWB, Shoulder Holster, Pocket Holster, Ankle Holster, and Fanny Pack...My main concern being armed for my protection and the protection of my loved ones, not adhering to someone elses opinions of the standards of carry and what is atrocious or unusual in their eyes. Heck, if I'm pouring out my heart here, why not tell those same "busy body know-it alls" that I also wear a VEST...DID YOU GET THAT...yuppers...A VEST....For those that aren't the run of the mill "busy body know-it alls", they are referred to by that bunch as "Shoot Me First" vests...There's another thread, by itself, on vests. I guess I could kinda sum it up this way....If it feels good, works, and is comfortable, then do it your way and don't worry about others perceptions. I've yet to find one of those "busy body know-it alls" that came anywhere near perfection in their own lives...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Just wear this to distract them from looking at your fanny pack.

TRUST ME I HAVE A GUN FUNNY POLICE COP CONCEAL CARRY PRO LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRT | eBay
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Don't forget your NRA ballcap!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Just wear this to distract them from looking at your fanny pack.

TRUST ME I HAVE A GUN FUNNY POLICE COP CONCEAL CARRY PRO LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRT | eBay
    I have a few shirts. I swear everyone got me one when I got my ccl. Here are a few of them.

I am out of estrogen and I have a gun
    This state ALLOWS conceal carry. Think before you act
    Right now I would rather be at the shooting range
    I'm the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving, conservative - liberals warned you about!
    If you don't believe in the right to bear arms, shut up and be a good little victim!

I wear them at the shooting range.
    Cokeman, surefire7 and ClintTo like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links