Sold on Fanny Pack Carry

This is a discussion on Sold on Fanny Pack Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have never had a problem with a fanny pack. I think they're very practical. If you carry it on your hip, with a baggy ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Sold on Fanny Pack Carry

I have never had a problem with a fanny pack. I think they're very practical. If you carry it on your hip, with a baggy un-tucked shirt, it is realatively concealed. Just be sure to have one with separate pockets for gun and wallet/keys. then you don't have to show your weapon whenever you unzip the pack...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    ^^^^^^^^This I agree with...^^^^^^^^^ Once a person enters an area in life, where MATURITY and SELF CONFIDENCE is demonstrated more than keeping up with Lady Ga Ga's fashions, then worrying about how others perceive us is of no consequence in how we pursue our daily lives. Too bad there are those that "pooh pooh" another's choice, whether it be in clothes or carry options. In my humble opinion they should worry more about themselves, and less about others.

Oh, and for the record, I've carried OWB, IWB, Shoulder Holster, Pocket Holster, Ankle Holster, and Fanny Pack...My main concern being armed for my protection and the protection of my loved ones, not adhering to someone elses opinions of the standards of carry and what is atrocious or unusual in their eyes. Heck, if I'm pouring out my heart here, why not tell those same "busy body know-it alls" that I also wear a VEST...DID YOU GET THAT...yuppers...A VEST....For those that aren't the run of the mill "busy body know-it alls", they are referred to by that bunch as "Shoot Me First" vests...There's another thread, by itself, on vests. I guess I could kinda sum it up this way....If it feels good, works, and is comfortable, then do it your way and don't worry about others perceptions. I've yet to find one of those "busy body know-it alls" that came anywhere near perfection in their own lives...JMO

Amen brother,you tell em'
    RichB70, surefire7 and LM2024 like this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    If I wear shorts pulled-up under my armpits with dark socks with sandals with a Sam Snead hat with flip-up, clip-on sunglasses with a hawaiian-print shirt with a camera bag with a lawn chair with a runny-eyed schnauzer & a nagging wife named Francis in a Winnebago...then a fanny pack is perfect concealment.
    Do you have a picture of this?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

I'd rather dust off and strap on the "man purse" but that's just me..
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by paching View Post
    I'd rather dust off and strap on the "man purse" but that's just me..
    mr.stuart likes this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

How can this fanny pack scream "Gun!" ?

I defy anyone who passes me on the street to notice that I’m even wearing a fanny pack at all, let alone carrying a gun.

This is the way I dress most every day: shorts and an untucked T-shirt. Even when full pants are required, I usually wear a pull-over golf shirt untucked.

When the topic of a fanny pack comes up, many people envision a bulky pack worn waist high in front of the belt buckle with a tucked in shirt. Even the tourists don’t dress that way anymore.

When the pack is worn just tight enough to get into a comfortable position and worn just below the belt buckle under an untucked shirt, it is very comfortable and is so concealed that it almost disappears.

This pack is an old BagMaster, but is almost identical in construction and size to the #2 holster style offered by KG Products (Beltbag Holsters concealed handgun fanny pack). The pack size is 5 ” x 8 ” x 2” deep.

Tonight I’m wearing my standard configuration: Gun (tonight a Walther PPS 9mm), extra mag, wallet, money clip, Android phone, car keys and some loose change. To get all of that gear into a pouch that is only 2 inches deep and conceals well meets all of my needs.

After taking the first 2 pictures, the black fanny pack didn’t show up against the dark shorts, so the only change I made was to put on a lighter pair of shorts and lift up the bottom of the shirt for the last picture.

When drawing the gun, there are no strings, lanyards, or loops to find. Just grab some of the pack material in the upper right front corner and pull. The holster pouch is in the rear of the fanny pack and the gun is held securely in place with velcro tape on 3 sides and a strong corner snap. The holster opens easily when needed, and I never have to worry about an accidental reveal or if the gun is printing through my shirt.

Flame away if a fanny pack isn’t for you, but I’m way past the point of worrying what the other kids on the playground think. They can make their choice, and I’ve made mine. A fanny pack that conceals so well for where I live and how I dress is the perfect choice for me.

Stay Safe!

DC
    Attached Images
    LM2024 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I knew someone would ask.. sorry I was joking, i don't have one BUT I'd rather wear one!
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    What are you talking about? They go great with anything.

Have you tried this? It's a fanny hat.

It fits most guns that are compacts and smaller.
    ROTFLMAO
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

I don't wear fanny packs when out and about everyday. I like having my firearm in the same spot all the time, when feasible. I carry strong side on duty and off. However, I DO wear a fanny pack when I go for a run. There were a few dogs that came running from the back yard of a house that I passed. Before ripping open the pack, a firm stance and loud verbal commands stopped the dog in his tracks, luckily. I'd hate to shoot a dog, but if it's gonna be my leg getting mauled or him catching a few....

BTW I use one from 5.11. It holds my handgun very securely. Even during sprint sessions, it just doesn't come out.
    LM2024 likes this.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    This is getting a little...weird?
    Oh, come on, now...admit it...that's one of the reasons we keep coming back to this forum. :D

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    lol I have this same picture.

Lol at a fanny pack! I assume any man I see wearing one is a cop or carrying.

When I hike, my daughter is young enough that she's carried in a carrier that has a thick hip belt. I can't carry OWB or IWB strong side with that hip belt and the only option is to carry a fanny pack. It's not worn as a traditional fanny pack with the waist clip, but rather it is slid on the hip belt and worn in a cross draw fashion. The draw isn't ideal, but between not carrying and carrying, I'll take it.

And that hat is amazing.

GH
    Be assured that every style that ever was comes back eventually. At least that's what I tell my wife as an excuse for keeping every item of clothing I've ever worn.

Then there's the style of "no style". If a fanny pack pulls your chain then go for it. If you don't like it for concealed carrying your gun you can always use it for carrying all the junk that puts holes in your pants pockets. It also seems ideal for carrying when wearing belt-less, pocket-less pants, shorts or swimming suits.

Do I have one? No. Would I ever? Maybe.
    LM2024 likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

The Ka-Bar TDI Fanny Pack is deceptively small & packs a full-size handgun (Beretta 92, 1911, FNHP) better than any fanny pack I've found. The clever design makes it's tough to imagine there's enough room. While made in China and ~$30, it's surprisingly well-made with features I didn't expect. Snapping belt loop on the rear to prevent a "pack snatch", two front pouches for flashlight or extra mags, quick pistol access, rear loops for a knife clip, etc.

I only added two of my own modifications. As I mentioned above, I added a BIG, colorful "NIKON" patch to the front (because I couldn't find one that said "SAVE the WHALES"). I also found a .75" diameter, solid plastic, black ball. I stippled it all-over & paracorded it to the gun-pouch zipper. That's makes for a much easier, faster, smoother draw from concealment. Finding & pulling that ball is now a snap!

With all due respect to the ridiculing Fashion Police who've made their opinion of Fanny Pack carry so clear, I now think it makes more sense than I once did. And I, on occasion, LIKE concealing a full-size handgun more than the compromise of pocket-packing less firepower.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Don't own one, but I recently saw an ad for the Tuff Gear Tacllet. It looks pretty promising. https://www.tuffproducts.com/product...t=0&featured=Y
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links