Holster anticipation!

This is a discussion on Holster anticipation! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received my email notification that my mika pocket holster for my J-frame is on it's way somewhere around 2 a.m. this morning. So, that ...

Thread: Holster anticipation!

Holster anticipation!

I received my email notification that my mika pocket holster for my J-frame is on it's way somewhere around 2 a.m. this morning. So, that started my day off on a good note. Can't wait to get it and see how the J-frame works out for me in that rig.

Also, I've been migrating my galco kingtuk farther around toward the 1:00 position lately, so I started looking into various AIWB holsters to try out that would be better suited for that type of carry. I want to carry my p220 in said position instead of one of my glocks as I do think being able to ride the hammer into the holster is a plus for that particular carry position. However, finding an AIWB holster for a p220 actually turned out to be a bit of a challenge. So, I was researching different holster makers' work and I kept reading good things about R Grizzle Leather. I went to their website, and didn't actually see a holster designed for AIWB, so I emailed the Grizzles about perhaps making me a custom holster for the application. We shot several emails back and forth, and I just now sent payment for a holster based off of his R-N-R design, but adjusted / adapted for AIWB carry. It will be a horsehide holster, with black stitching, which I think will have a nice clean look, and it is going to be adjusted for 0 cant to better suit the AIWB location. I'm really excited to see how it turns out!

According to his website, he's on orders from the end of June right now, so I don't anticipate that I'll see my holster until the later part of October. The anticipation is going to drive me nuts! But, from what I gather it will be worth the wait.

Anyhow, I don't know that this thread has much informational benefit to anyone, but I'm sure most of you have dealt with holster anticipation, so you all can be my support group while I wait my turn in line.

2. Remove Ads

Links