Paddle Holster for Glock 27

This is a discussion on Paddle Holster for Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would appreciate thoughts and input about a paddle holster for my new Glock 27. I pocket carry a Ruger LCP with an Uncle George ...

Thread: Paddle Holster for Glock 27

Paddle Holster for Glock 27

I would appreciate thoughts and input about a paddle holster for my new Glock 27.

I pocket carry a Ruger LCP with an Uncle George wallet holster and that's my EDC. I envision wanting something stronger now and again on my side. I'm leaning towards a paddle because I work from home, therefore I'm not out all day or night and simply want to slide a holster on and off as needed whenever leaving the house.

If I were going to wear it a lot, I'd go with this one which looks great and has the padded leather paddle.
    (s) #18 PADDLE HOLSTER

But since it will be for only occasional use, I was looking at more moderately priced options and came up with these:

Leather option:
    Fusion Paddle

Kydex option:
    Outside Waistband Holsters - products new home - Paddle Holster

Anybody have a love affair with anything different?

Thanks in advance.
    Iggy

2. Remove Ads

Modern paddle holster will all be equally comfortable; though I'd question any benefit of "padding the paddle". The original benefit of moving from these old-fashioned original paddles:

safety speed (1).jpgsafety speed (2).jpg

to the modern ones, such as the one used by Aker and Elite Systems (authorised) and even Brigade (not):

Nichols ConTour paddle (6).jpgbrigade_by_nichols_copy (2).jpg

was RETENTION inside your waistband; note the original required a strap around the belt to stay in place, whereas contemporary ones use barbs moulded into the paddle. Most, including the Fusion version, are knockoffs of my original design (configuration trademark) (shown in the pic above) or another version I invented (patented) for DeSantis:

de santis_by_nichols_element.jpgde santis_by_nichols_element.png

In summary, go with the contoured, injection moulded paddles with at least two barbs on the outer edges.

My Glock-36 sometimes rides in this... FIST, INC.

It was a bit expensive, but as you can see in the pick, it rides high and tight.

Now High Noon also makes one... http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...dy_spanky.html
    But I have not tried this model, I have, however found High Noon to be of the highest quality holsters with models I do have.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thank you rednichols, I appreciate the reply and 'history lesson'.

The Comp-Tac Paddle holsters are very well made and hold the gun as close to the body as a paddle holster can. If you are ever going to be getting another Glock in a larger size, then I would consider their "Slide" version of the paddle. It can handle any size gun in the 9mm or .40 S&W. It is a very strong holster that is molded out of one piece of Kydex. I have had several for different guns and they all worked very well. Good luck on your decision.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I currently own two paddle holsters for my G27. A Fobus and a Blackhawk Serpa. I don't care for either one. I find them difficult to remove and am frequently banging into door jams and countertops. When I'm hanging around the house, I carry IWB or pocket carry a S&W J frame. The Serpa does see some use in the wintertime being tucked into a back pocket when walking through the woods.

I have two paddle holsters for my G27. The first was a Fobus. It was OK, but sat out a little too far and occasionally printed. The other is the Extreme Cant Paddle (ECP) from RM Holster Works - RM Holster Works. This fits nice and close, keeps the pistol secure, and is very comfortable. When I'm not wearing an IWB holster this (the ECP) is what I use. I've had mine for about a year now and don't have anything negative to say about it.

I have two paddle holsters for my G27 a Fobus and a Blackhawk Serpa. The serpa is my favorite, although I seldom carry in a paddle holster.

Links