Glock 19 carry holster

Glock 19 carry holster

This is a discussion on Glock 19 carry holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm googling good options. I'm 5' 7", 145. Any suggestions on what to look for or look out for? I'm probably going to add a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glock 19 carry holster

Glock 19 carry holster

I'm googling good options. I'm 5' 7", 145. Any suggestions on what to look for or look out for? I'm probably going to add a loose open front cover shirt to my style. I'm pretty new to guns in general, I'm going to take a 2 day pistol course designed around use with a concealed weapon. I just got my first gun, the Glock 19 but I need a holster for the class, ...and to carry with also

Holster choice tends to be fairly idiosyncratic, and many of us who carry go through multiple holsters before finding the right one . . . or right oneS as different holsters might serve us best in different situations.

So that said, don't expect that your first holster will be your last.

If you're going to wear an unbuttoned shirt, you can conceal way more gun and even conceal an OWB (outside-the-waistband) holster. For IWB holsters, there are so many styles - hybrids, single clips, kydex only, no clip, trigger guard only, etc.
    TVJ likes this.

sgb
    Outside the waistband is more comfortable than inside the waistband, open carry is more comfortable than is concealed. Different holsters for different applications, no one holster will do it all. I just made these for a Glock 19 Customer who's a lefty.

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    Holster choice tends to be fairly idiosyncratic, and many of us who carry go through multiple holsters before finding the right one . . . or right oneS as different holsters might serve us best in different situations.

So that said, don't expect that your first holster will be your last.

If you're going to wear an unbuttoned shirt, you can conceal way more gun and even conceal an OWB (outside-the-waistband) holster. For IWB holsters, there are so many styles - hybrids, single clips, kydex only, no clip, trigger guard only, etc.
    ^^^this^^^

For what it's worth, I'll tell you what I carry my G19 with.

For IWB I use a BladeTech Nano

NANO IWB :: Competition Series Products :: Blade-Tech Industries

For OWB I carry mine in an X-Concealment Gen 2 "C" Series

X-Concealment Holster; Holsters, Gun holster, pistol holsters, Mag pouch, Magazine pouch, Kydex Holster, Concealment Holster, Glock holsters, Pmag pouch, and Tactical Gear

Personally, I like them both for their purpose, but there are tons of good choices available so a lot of it is going to come down to personal preference and trial and error. It's why most of us have a holster box or drawer
    beararms likes this.

TVJ
    dale fricky archangel AIWB

Dale Fricke Holsters

Quality holster. I use and recommend.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

VIP Member
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

If you are going to carry IWB (Inside waist band) check out the CBST (CrossBreed SuperTuck). 2 week try it guarantee and a lifetime warranty. Great product, even better customer service. It is tuckable, which means you can carry the pistol and tuck in a shirt over the pistol easily. I don't tuck in my shirts but the feature is there.

My GLOCK 19 has been riding in a CBST made with horsehide (handles sweat better) with a combat cut (better grip when drawing) for 3 years.

I would be concerned about OWB carry and an unbuttoned shirt for concealment, maybe you live in utopia but here in Kansas the wind blows and I would worry about accidental exposure when the wind blows.

You picked a great pistol, I sincerely hope you never have to use it for it's intended purpose. Welcome to the forum.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Carry my G19 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special (horsehide) most everyday. I've bought/tried/tossed a bunch of options before deciding on this one. It would take one darn comfortable holster to change my mind.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Alessi lasts forever. If you want leather IWB.
    I'm a little heavier in the middle than in my 20's so now I prefer OWB. I use a Blackhawk Serpa.

Bianchi Carrylok
    Silent Thunder

IWB: Desantis Scorpion, Comp-Tac Gurkha (no long made but their new "modular" holsters are sweeeet!)

OWB: ... AND THE BEST 'CHEAP' HOLSTER I EVER HAD...Galco MX7 Matrix. I like it so much I modified one as a bed holster on the underside of my platform bed. Best $19 (each) on a holster I ever spent.

Both the comp-tacs and the Galco Matrix should be available for immediate delivery.

...and I'm still using a very old Fobus Glock single mag carrier (paddle style). Have for years and years and years.

Congrats on your purchase. You have chosen wiseley, grasshopper. The G19 is the best of the brand IMO and I've owned and shot nearly all of them at one time or another.

I just got a Milt Sparks VMII horsehide. Easily the best, IMO. In fact, I need to post some pics and show it off.......

Love my comp tac mtacs.

Crossbreed!

My Brommeland Max Con V is incredible for an IWB. Quality workmanship but a bit of a wait. Turns out my wait for a High Noon Slide Guard was longer. Go figure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links