Colt New Agent Reviews & Holster

This is a discussion on Colt New Agent Reviews & Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a Colt New Agent and I am looking for anyone that may have concerns for this being a CCW or that has ...

Thread: Colt New Agent Reviews & Holster

Talking Colt New Agent Reviews & Holster

I just bought a Colt New Agent and I am looking for anyone that may have concerns for this being a CCW or that has suggestions for holsters. Does it need to be treaked any? It is also my 1st 1911.

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Here's one review when the New Agent was first released. Colt's New Agent
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Did you get standard sights or trench? I owned a Kimber RCP II with the trench and although fast to acquire, was useless beyond close distances. An seemingly identical sight picture would produce quite a variance in actual shot placement.

The New Agent only has trench sights. It's the Defender that has "normal" sights. I've carried mine for several years now. I've gotten rid of most other EDC .45s in favor of the Colt. I have a Don Hume IWB holster that I can use, but the Remora absolutely hides it. I've shot probably 1000 rounds through it and it has only FTF when my granddaughter limp wristed it.
    Cherokee Slim
    Attached Images
    NRA, SASS #72605, ROII, WBRO, Ocoee Rangers, Tennessee Mountain Maurauders. Semper Fi

OD*
    Good looking Colt.

A friend of mine has one, I was very impressed with the accuracy that was attainable once you learned the sighting plane.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by edwardskev View Post
    I just bought a Colt New Agent and I am looking for anyone that may have concerns for this being a CCW or that has suggestions for holsters. Does it need to be treaked any? It is also my 1st 1911.
    It took me about 50 rounds to get the sighting down and another 100 or so to get proficient. I can now draw and double tap center mass with regularity. Mine is encased in a Steven Kelley C-Flex. Black on black.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

My New Agent came w/ Trinjicon tritium front aight and a rear sight. Shot it today for the first time. Reloads went thru it no problem but the Colt magazines that came w/ it were hard to extract. Snappy recoil!! I figure I need to put 200rds or so thru it before I start worrying about accuracy.

new agent 1.jpg

Colt Defender with a good belt, Perry suspenders and a Don Hume H726 NO. 10-301/2". Works well for me. When dressing casually, I wear a
    conceal carry vest appropriate for weather.

Good luck

Click on pic to enlarge.

CC_pic2.JPG

CC_Pic1.JPG
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

Links