holsters with laser/light room?

This is a discussion on holsters with laser/light room? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just wondering if anyone knows where to find a holster that can be used with a laser and light or atleast a laser mounted on ...

Thread: holsters with laser/light room?

just wondering if anyone knows where to find a holster that can be used with a laser and light or atleast a laser mounted on a rail. that would be helpful since most SD situations occur at night. thanks for any replies.
    ruger91

NRA member

JD
    Administrator
    It really depends on what kind of gun and what kind of laser/light. Can you be a little more specific on what combo you're wanting to work with?

Quote Originally Posted by ruger91 View Post
    just wondering if anyone knows where to find a holster that can be used with a laser and light or atleast a laser mounted on a rail. that would be helpful since most SD situations occur at night. thanks for any replies.
    I would really suggest that you get a holster made specifically for the handgun (with laser and/or light) that you intend to carry. IMHO getting a generic holster will not provide you the same level of retention and security that a made for a specific handgun will. Also, when wanting a holster you need to identify the weapon and attachments as well as how you intend to carry before get can gain useful responses.

i currently have a ruger p95. its a lil too bulky for me to carry during warmer weather. im looking into the glock 21 and 30 so once i acquire one of those the p95 will be for HD. with that said i could live without a holster for the p95 but i was looking at one of the NCstar tact light/laser combos for the P95. for the glock i was looking into Armalaser RSS which is really small so that should easily fit in most holsters i would think.
    ruger91

NRA member

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ruger91 View Post
    i currently have a ruger p95. its a lil too bulky for me to carry during warmer weather. im looking into the glock 21 and 30 so once i acquire one of those the p95 will be for HD. with that said i could live without a holster for the p95 but i was looking at one of the NCstar tact light/laser combos for the P95. for the glock i was looking into Armalaser RSS which is really small so that should easily fit in most holsters i would think.

If you find the P95 too bulky, odds are the G21 will be about the same regarding size, but still lighter.

As for the NC Star....don't. They are of shotty quality.

As for the Armalaser, see NMN's post above regarding holster fit, you will want a holster that is made to fit your gun and laser combo.

I would opt for the Glock 30 for carry, possibly with the Laser Max Mico which UBG Holsters can accommodate

thanks for the info JD. i have never held a g21 so wasnts sure how big or small it is. i can carry the p95 on small of back with light clothing but i prefer iwb in front or side. thanks again
    ruger91

NRA member

Links