velcro and belt questions

This is a discussion on velcro and belt questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want a horsehide belt from thebeltman and am thinking about getting the velcro added. I will use OWB from time to time so I ...

Thread: velcro and belt questions

I want a horsehide belt from thebeltman and am thinking about getting the velcro added. I will use OWB from time to time so I may get the plastic insert as well.

The holster I want is the tucker texas heritage IWB. I was wondering if any of you use this type holster with the velcro. Does it hold the holster securely or does it shift?

The gun will be a bersa T380, it isn't that heavy so I don't see why it would move around too much due to weight.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I just ordered the Horse Hide Belt with velcro. I also ordered the Tucker IWB with V Clips. I hope the velcro things work as there will be times I'll need the belt to be uncovered and I don't really want big clips on it.

I decided not to get the plastic insert. I will wear OWB from time to time but I won't be with too heavy of guns so I don't think it will be a problem.

I have velcro on the inside of my belt and I use the v-clips with my C-TAC. It holds very well. The only problem I have is trying to get the holster and belt in place without the velcro sticking together prematurely...

Thanks. Glad to hear it works well for you.

v-clips

Quote Originally Posted by tn_sig View Post
    I have velcro on the inside of my belt and I use the v-clips with my C-TAC. It holds very well. The only problem I have is trying to get the holster and belt in place without the velcro sticking together prematurely...

I too have the velcro in my beltman belt and have experience the difficulty with premature velcro attacment. My solution was to use an old business card in front of my clips until I have my CTAC just right, then pull out the card press firmly and your good to go. Awesome concealment!

edited to add: I got the dual bullhide 1 1/2" without the insert and it is plenty stiff for IWB and OWB! Great belt - top notch!

Thanks. I'll keep the business card trick in mind.

I'm glad to hear you have had no problem with your belt. I ordered the 1.5" too. That is the largest that will fit in my jeans and khaki pants.

Quote Originally Posted by dru22 View Post
    I too have the velcro in my beltman belt and have experience the difficulty with premature velcro attacment. My solution was to use an old business card in front of my clips until I have my CTAC just right, then pull out the card press firmly and your good to go. Awesome concealment!

edited to add: I got the dual bullhide 1 1/2" without the insert and it is plenty stiff for IWB and OWB! Great belt - top notch!
    Thanks for the tip. I firgured out immediately that I needed to stick something in front of the clip until everything was situated but I haven't tried a business card. I'll give that a shot...

No problem guys (or gals?) Hope all works out for ya!

Another thing I noticed, the velcro tabs are just a hair longer than the belt is wide, so for deep concealment sake, set the bottom of the tab to the bottom of the belt and do the blousing everyone knows about. Otherwise, the bottom of the velcro tbas will stick out under the belt enough to notice "something" (as if people out there notice anything!)

good luck, stay safe!

Links