Dress Holster and Belt options

This is a discussion on Dress Holster and Belt options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm trying to help out my new neighbor who just moved in and became an Army CID agent. He has never CCed before but will ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jk196

Thread: Dress Holster and Belt options

Distinguished Member

Dress Holster and Belt options

I'm trying to help out my new neighbor who just moved in and became an Army CID agent. He has never CCed before but will be required to with his new job. His primary dress will business suits and such and will be carrying the Army's standard M11 AKA Sig Sauer P228. Since I normally carry in shorts and a t-shirt, this business dress carry is out of my realm. He is looking for left handed holster, good dress carry belt and magazine holders that would look good if he takes his suit coat off.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    The Beltman http://thebeltman.net/ makes some beautiful belts, esp. the Elephant. As to a dress holster--two thoughts: Leather Gun Scabbard OR; All Products - Secret Squirrel Leather
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I would look at this for belts: BLACKHAWK! CQC Pistol Belts - BLACKHAWK!, this for the gun holster: SuperTuck Deluxe | Crossbreed Holsters - Super Tuck Deluxe and this for the mag holster: Tuckable IWB Mag Carriers | Crossbreed Holsters - Tuckable (IWB) Mag Carrier. I currently don't use the mag holster, but when I do conceal and dress up... I will use the belt and crossbreed holster (shirt tucked in and everything).
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

If he has some patience, check out the offerings from Horseshoe Leather (Andy Aratoonian). Very classy holsters that conceal quite well by keeping the gun close in to the waist. My 'dressy' holster for the 1911 is the Model 28 for when I have a jacket or similar for a cover garment.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

also check out Kirkpatrick Concealment Holsters and Don Hume Leathergoods -- quality stuff without an astronomical price. If he wants fancy and pricey, there's Brigade, Tucker and a million others.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Lead Moderator
    Things may have changed and the belt might be an option.

If I remember (and this was back ing the old days), there was less option with holsters, they had to meet specific requirements, or maybe even the use of an specific issue holster.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Sponsor
    A great option would be the SHTF Gear ACE-1 holsters with the Tuckable leather belt loops. It gives you the comfort and concealability of an adjustable hybrid holster with the low key look of leather. The tuckable leather belt loops are available in black and brown to meet his needs. And we offer a Military Discount.

Find the Sig 228 holster here Sig P228 ACE-1 Holster

Here is a picture of the leather belt loops.
    leather loop-edit-trans.jpg

They work great!

Thanks,
    Clay

The Beltman leather is superb, very reasonably priced and offered in a 1 1/4" size. Holsters from High Noon Holsters, Tampa Florida are also great, super customer service.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Take a look at Old Faithful Holsters, I am going to order on ISW for my Judge better price and beter built

+1 on the beltman. I have one of his and will be buying another one soon. Need another color, and they are awesome.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

From all my years in the the U.S Army I think it is best for him to talk with his supervisor before spending money on something he
    may not be allowed to use. The Army can be real picky with their requlations.
    Chief1297 likes this.

Links