Looking for a good AIWB holster...

This is a discussion on Looking for a good AIWB holster... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, I have a S.A. XDS .45, and I carry it AIWB. Right now I don't have a holster for IWB (it came with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Looking for a good AIWB holster...

Hey all,

I have a S.A. XDS .45, and I carry it AIWB. Right now I don't have a holster for IWB (it came with a paddle holster that I use the rest of the time), so you can imagine my desire to get one soon. Being as slim a guy that I am, its not very easy to conceal any gun while wearing on the hip, which is why I prefer appendix carry. I've been looking at some holsters, and so far, THIS one seems to be my favorite. Its a DeSantis Pro Stealth holster. Anybody used this or heard anything about it? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Check out JM Custom Kydex JM Custom Kydex | What gun?
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

pittypat21,

Try looking at Old Faithful Holsters, Raven or Zero Concealment. Another good source is youtube (cory07ink) for holster reviews. I have the Old Faithful AIWB holster and it is a very good fit and well made.

ajfrog

Distinguished Member
    Check out high noon - I wear a mr. softy all day everyday.

Also been looking at garret industries, heard alot of good things, and they look pretty good.
    zacii likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I agree the mrsofty is pretty good and a value. High noon makes nice products.
    Concealment Solutions makes once called the ASP that I borrowed and tried a g19 in it. That one was very thin and I liked it. I have not tried any others as I prefer strong side. One thing to look at is if they allow the shirt to be tucked in or not some allow it others not if it is important to you.

Sent via Mental Power

Dale Fricke Archangel is one of the most frequently referenced AIWB holsters. I spent several days over the last couple of weeks looking into different AIWB holsters, and found praise after praise for the archangel. Unfortunately, the Archangel isn't offered for the pistol that I wanted an AIWB holster for (Sig P220SAS). I ended up talking with the Grizzles at rgrizzle leather and they are building me a custom horsehide AIWB. I can't wait to see how it turns out. The high noon AIWB holsters look great as well.

I'm still kicking around buying an archangel for my glock 19 as the number of people who speak highly of this combo is astonishing. Google "archangel holster" and read for a while.
    zacii likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msc8127 View Post
    Dale Fricke Archangel is one of the most frequently referenced AIWB holsters. I spent several days over the last couple of weeks looking into different AIWB holsters, and found praise after praise for the archangel. Unfortunately, the Archangel isn't offered for the pistol that I wanted an AIWB holster for (Sig P220SAS). I ended up talking with the Grizzles at rgrizzle leather and they are building me a custom horsehide AIWB. I can't wait to see how it turns out. The high noon AIWB holsters look great as well.

I'm still kicking around buying an archangel for my glock 19 as the number of people who speak highly of this combo is astonishing. Google "archangel holster" and read for a while.
    Dale can and will make a holster for about any gun. His website....Dale Fricke Holsters

You may have to send your gun for a mold if he doesn't have one. Yes the Archangel is what I use and I like it very much. If you want to be able to tuck in the shirt then the Ehud. But the Archangel is thinner, by a little.
    zacii and camsdaddy like this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I recommend the Minotaur MTAC IWB. I have one for all of my carry pistols. Adjustible cant & rise. A little expensive, but worth it (IMHO). Here's a link: HERE
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I would skip the nylon holster you linked too. It isn't going to offer you the prescise fit of a better quality holster purpose built for your individual gun.

I own two AIWB rigs a Dale Fricke Archangel for my G23 and a Garrett Industries Slim AIWB for my Sig P229. Both are excellent options. Also don't forget a quality gunbelt to pull the whole package together.
    zacii, tmoore912 and JerryMac like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Dale can and will make a holster for about any gun. His website....Dale Fricke Holsters

You may have to send your gun for a mold if he doesn't have one. Yes the Archangel is what I use and I like it very much. If you want to be able to tuck in the shirt then the Ehud. But the Archangel is thinner, by a little.
    Good to know that he does customs as well! I'm really hoping the custom leather holster i'm having built will turn out well for the sig, but I am definitely considering ordering a holster for my glock 19 or maybe for the glock 17 so that it can do the 17 or the 19 so that I have something to compare the custom leather for the p220 against.

AIWB holster

Nate Gable offers his Nassar - it's a beauty. UBG Holsters
    JerryMac likes this.

When it comes to AIWB research, I always recommend reading this thread.

It has all kinds of information on AIWB carry, and holsters

I have a Mr. Softy, Public Secret and an Archangel, which have served me nicely.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    When it comes to AIWB research, I always recommend reading this thread.
    Interesting that you provide that link - I actually read through that last night.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    I recommend the Minotaur MTAC IWB. I have one for all of my carry pistols. Adjustible cant & rise. A little expensive, but worth it (IMHO). Here's a link: HERE
    I'll second that, I carry my 1911 in this holster, very concealable and comfortable, easy to re-holster your weapon with it...and the price is worth it.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Cool

I have been carrying my Glock 23 in a High Noon Public Secret AIW for seveal years now.

Public Secret w/clip

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

Regards,

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links