Holster Recommendations For A New S&W Shield Owner

This is a discussion on Holster Recommendations For A New S&W Shield Owner within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have a DeSantis Nemisis holster for front pocket carry of my new 9mm Shield. However, what do you prefer to carry your Shield ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster Recommendations For A New S&W Shield Owner

Cool Holster Recommendations For A New S&W Shield Owner

I currently have a DeSantis Nemisis holster for front pocket carry of my new 9mm Shield. However, what do you prefer to carry your Shield in????

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

PS

Does anyone know what belly holster manufacturer makes the holster used in the S&W Shield video (i.e. nice looking girl jogs home and then removes the Shield pistol from the belly holster)?

2. Remove Ads

Any recommendations????? With so many S&W Shield owners on this site I'd hoped that there would be more feedback by now.

I did find out that the "official" belly holster for the Shield is by Pistol Wear.

I bought an AIWB holster from JM custom kydex and am very please with the quality of workmanship as well as price. If you aren't into AIWB, he has other IWB and OWB models.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnfalguy View Post
    Any recommendations????? With so many S&W Shield owners on this site I'd hoped that there would be more feedback by now.
    What is your preference: leather, kydex, IWB OWB, and what is your price point?

Personally, I prefer the hybrids from OLD FAITHFUL. $40 buys a high quality holster if you are willing to spend 10 minutes for final assembly.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

If you are looking for a good iwb holster check out www.whitehatholsters.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Where would you like to carry it? I carry my m&p 9c in an IWB crossbreed super tuck. Cant even tell its there. I recommend it 100%

I'm not wedded to any particular style of holster. However, since I live in Florida it would be nice to be a holster that lends itself to being carried in a hot and humid environment, with the understanding that I primarily wear a t-shirt and shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I bought an AIWB holster from JM custom kydex and am very please with the quality of workmanship as well as price. If you aren't into AIWB, he has other IWB and OWB models.
    JM Custom Kydex looks like a viable option. I like their IWB holsters.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I have two for my Shield. I use a Remora and the Old Faithful hybrid, but tend to use the remora more for the comfort.

Sponsor
    Check out the SHTF Gear ACE-1 holster here. You won't find a more durable hybrid holster out there due to the Kevlar stitching. 30 satisfaction guarantee. We've Got hundreds of positive reviews online.

S&W M&P Shield, SHTF Gear ACE-1 Holster

P1000080-Web.jpgGlock-front-right-1500.jpg

Thanks!
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    What is your preference: leather, kydex, IWB OWB, and what is your price point?

Personally, I prefer the hybrids from OLD FAITHFUL. $40 buys a high quality holster if you are willing to spend 10 minutes for final assembly.
    I have an old faithful as well. Very happy with it so far.

Since I have an pocket holster I am leaning toward purchasing an IWB model, focusing on comfort of carry.

Kholster's IWB hybrid Crescent Holster is $45 shipped and already assembled. I've got a Kholster for my old Taurus and I'm very happy with it so I plan to buy one for my Shield too. One thing I really like about the Kholster is there is leather behind the grip to keep it off your skin, something the Old Faithful Holster does not have.

I also have a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard OWB I bought when I first got my Shield. It's more comfortable than IWB, but it is harder to conceal. I'm glad to have it for an OWB option. And I have the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster like you do and I'm happy with that too.

Thanks for all of the input. I don't even have my Shield home yet and I've got no less than 3-4 holster designs that I want to try!

Pistol Wear P-2, Remora & N82 holsters really have my attention right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links