What is your favorite OWB holster? - Page 2

What is your favorite OWB holster?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite OWB holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mitch Rosen models, including his less expensive express offerings...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What is your favorite OWB holster?

Mitch Rosen models, including his less expensive express offerings

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, before I read everything, I thought this could be a tough one. Since I did read all the way to the end.......I can simply say my best concealable OWB holster is my Mitch Rosen Upper Limit for my G27. Would be excellent with a pull-over or sweater. Notice that none of it is below the belt loops. I have a better belt now than what's pictured. I still have the same gut however...never mind that.

Ramrod, don't worry about the gut. That helps with concealment when wearing a shirt to cover the gun. I have a little less gut and the rear of the slide of my Glock 26 seems to make point (print) in my cover shirt. I use a Don Hume J.I.T. slide which keeps the gun up high and tight to my side as well, but that rear corner of the Glock just has to make a point. :)

I can use the same brand and model of holster with my Ruger LCR however, and don't have that problem because of the rounded shape of the gun.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    OWB? Without a doubt, Raven Concealment's Kydex kit:

Over the last year and a half, I've taken over 200 hours of training classes with the holster and magazine holders, and that includes some heavy-duty body-slams courtesy of the fat body of yours truly (whom Costa addressed as "Panda" ), sometimes landing on rock , as well as plenty of abuse being laid directly on the gear's mounting hardware and edges, through one-handed manipulations.

Great gear made by a bunch of super-nice and super-cool guys. I'm a customer for-life.

One of mine.

Either the snap on version if getting it on and off is more important than concealment.

Or the one I'm wearing right now if I want to conceal more. A t shirt covers this one just fine.

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I use an old Buchmeir also,got it at a gun show for 5 bucks,unused in original package.It's a nice belt slide and holds my pf9 good and snug.

Like most folks, I've tried a lot of holsters of every type and price. By far my favorite OWB is a Garret Industries Silent Thunder STX. Leather lined Kydex...very strong, light weight, secure, quiet on the draw and easy on the gun. This is a great holster, you should check it out. I'm ordering 2 more shortly. YMMV
    Www.garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com

PS. Must have a quality gun belt!
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

My favorite OWB for my Glock 27 is the Galco SOB worn at 4:00-4:30. It took a long time to figure that out tho.

A fist #8. It is very tight to the body and rides high:

But make sure you get a sweat shield. That stainless slide can be a bit cold on the bare skin.

Ritchie CQ-QR

Attached Images

Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper", photo can be seen on the Pure Kustom site.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    One of mine.

Either the snap on version if getting it on and off is more important than concealment.

Or the one I'm wearing right now if I want to conceal more. A t shirt covers this one just fine.

DUDE!! That is a sweet stippling job on that Glock! Probably the neatest that I have seen!

To the OP, Pure Kustom Black Ops can go OWB or IWB. It is by far my favorite for OWB! Rocky also makes the best mag pouches, hands down. I have several. He's a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    DUDE!! That is a sweet stippling job on that Glock! Probably the neatest that I have seen!
    Thanks. DIY with a multi tip soldering iron. I used the smallest round tip it had. I prefer the dots over the wood grain look. It took a long time, lol. If I had it to do again I would not have gone as high on the backstrap or the top edge of the frame. It looks nice, but I had to do a lot of sanding to tone down the stipple. I love it though. There is no slip on that one for sure.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Thanks. DIY with a multi tip soldering iron. I used the smallest round tip it had. I prefer the dots over the wood grain look. It took a long time, lol. If I had it to do again I would not have gone as high on the backstrap or the top edge of the frame. It looks nice, but I had to do a lot of sanding to tone down the stipple. I love it though. There is no slip on that one for sure.
    Well you did an outstanding job! Looks great!
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

hey Rocky-I've been looking at that same holster for husbands sr40c..have you tried the different mounting clips they have? He wants to try the clips so its easy on easy off...not sure how tight the holster would hold with that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links