What is your favorite OWB holster?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite OWB holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never paid much attention to the OWB discussions before, but with winter coming, I am thinking that it may be more comfortable to carry ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What is your favorite OWB holster?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I never paid much attention to the OWB discussions before, but with winter coming, I am thinking that it may be more comfortable to carry OWB with a sweater covering everything.

I did a search on "OWB" and the dang site exploded on me. Came back nothing found which is ridiculous.

What are your favorite/most comfortable OWB holster that can easily be concealed with a winter sweater?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

sgb

Mine
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

An old Bucheimer. With an equally old S&W M12 snugly nested inside.
    wmhawth likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I've got a Galco Avenger I've had for a bit over 3 years that I carry my Kimber 1911 in when the weather cools off. I love it--find it very comfortable to carry and quick to draw from with good retention.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I've got a DeSantis OWB for each of mine... quality is great, they'll run you about $80 give or take.

D.M. Bullard Bodyguard and a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake.
    DanielC likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Kramer handgun leather Leather Gun Scabbard makes holsters for some of the elite government agencies and they have been known to be totally immersed in seawater for lengthy periods of time and still maintain their shape and functionality...... can't do much better than Kramer. I prefer their horsehide.
    iguanadon likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Mine's a paddle only used for the range and on walks in the woods. If I'm going out with it in public it's IWB all the way.
    pittypat21 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    For revolvers, I really like my several Milt Sparks PMK holsters, and also my Sparks 200AW. The 200AW is more of a field holster than a concealment holster, but works well under full-cut garments typical of cooler weather.

For autos, I like the Bulman FDS, but he is even more back-logged than Milt Sparks. When I had my most recent auto, a G17, on layaway, I bought a pre-owned Raven Concealment Phantom. Another OWB rig I used in the past was a Galco Avenger

The holster maker I most want to try, when I want/need another leather rig, is Rob Leahy, doing business as Simply Rugged.

Don Hume J.I.T. slide.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Sparks 55BN or Kramer MSP.

Best I've found.

Administrator
    Mine would be my one Matt Del Fatti with Milt Sparks jogging right alongside. Two great masterful holsters.
    And Mrs. QK loves her Hign Noon.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have a classic Bauer Brothers Holster my Dad got for the Husqvarna m/1907 back in the 70's. The company no longer exists. Bottom line with the holster is not that it is an amazing design, just a really cool piece of local history.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

A search via Google turns up several prior discussions: intitle:OWB site:defensivecarry.com .

Of all the ones I've tried, probably the most concealable (for my body shape, clothing) OWB would be either the Fist #12 or the K&D Laredo Defender (no longer taking orders). The most comfortable would be the Fist #18 Murnak paddle holster.

A Don Hume #721 or #721OT might be worth considering. Comfortable, close-fitting.

Depends on the size/weight of the gun, too. For a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .44mag (a big, heavy revolver), I found the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster to be pretty darned good at keeping it decently concealed.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I never paid much attention to the OWB discussions before, but with winter coming, I am thinking that it may be more comfortable to carry OWB with a sweater covering everything.

I did a search on "OWB" and the dang site exploded on me. Came back nothing found which is ridiculous.

What are your favorite/most comfortable OWB holster that can easily be concealed with a winter sweater?
    Well, before I read everything, I thought this could be a tough one. Since I did read all the way to the end.......I can simply say my best concealable OWB holster is my Mitch Rosen Upper Limit for my G27. Would be excellent with a pull-over or sweater. Notice that none of it is below the belt loops. I have a better belt now than what's pictured. I still have the same gut however...never mind that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links