Crossdraw

Crossdraw

This is a discussion on Crossdraw within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who carries a revolver crossroad? How well does it conceal? Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Crossdraw

Crossdraw

Who carries a revolver crossroad? How well does it conceal?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

I sometimes carry my LCR crossdraw in a Remora. It conceals well fom me.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

I only use this for long trips, but it works very well with my Glock-36.

FIST, INC.

It's not a holster that I would use eveyday, but for sitting in a car and wanting instant access it is perfect...
    MeanAction likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I have Haugen (lefty) and Kramer Vertical Scabbard (rightie) crossdraw holsters to fit the SP101. I virtually always carry at 0300, in order to be consistent with my duty holster location, so these crossdraw rigs are normally for a second gun, and may not necessarily be worn in the crossdraw position, as this draw angle works well in the appendix position, too. These positions work very well when seated for long periods, especially when limited elbow room makes it difficult to reach the weapon worn at 0300.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Who carries a revolver crossroad? How well does it conceal?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    I don't have very much info to contribute as I am new. But I do want to throw out there that from my understanding crossdraw seems to not be a good idea when standing/on the move, but seems to be excellent for seated positions. I don't know your situation but incase you have not heard of that I wanted to throw it out there.

not from personal experience or anything just from a lot of reading

I love the look of this Fist crossdraw driving holster. I just may get one for my G30. I have right shoulder issues and crossdraw allows me to draw without raising my shoulder which I really like. If I do buy this holster it will be the most expensive holster I have ever purchased. I bet it's worth it though. They look solid and that crossdraw driving design is clutch.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I figured I would menion that there is crossdraw, which covers a lot of area, and the more specific front crossdraw. I consider a crossdraw rig worn between the front centerline and the point of the hip to be front crossdraw. Most "driving" holsters are worn in front crossdraw fashion, but a more vertical type of rig can be workable, as well. Front crossdraw can be very fast, and can be defended against a snatch attempt quite readily, but concealement is going to be very dependent on the wearer's physique, and the size of the weapon, particularly overall width, and the size of the grip area. Much of the philosphy of using "appendix" rigs is applicable to front crossdraw. Open-front garments are usually not going to successfully cover a weapon carried at the front crossdraw position, unless the weapon is quite small, and not too close to the front centerline. An SP101 has been my upper limit with front crossdraw and open-front garments, and even then, the concealment level was a bit casual.

I have, at times, used front crossdraw while driving, and then switched the weapon to another location before exiting the
    vehicle. If using a dedicated driving holster, I have also removed the holster.

Sponsored Links