Recommend me an IWB holster for Ruger SR9c

This is a discussion on Recommend me an IWB holster for Ruger SR9c within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just upgraded my main carry gun from a KelTec P11 to the Ruger SR9c. Now I am on the hunt for a comfortable IWB holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Recommend me an IWB holster for Ruger SR9c

Recommend me an IWB holster for Ruger SR9c

Just upgraded my main carry gun from a KelTec P11 to the Ruger SR9c. Now I am on the hunt for a comfortable IWB holster for it. I am TRYING to keep the cost of the holster under $60, but I can shell out a bit more if it is really worth it. I have no real preference, when I carried my P11 it was in an Uncle Mikes holster and that is what I use when I IWB my P32. I will not do anything that has a rigid back. I tried a kydex IWB holster with my P11 and absolutely hated it, especially how it would dig into my side so I will not go that route again. I have looked at the hide backed holsters with the kydex attached to them, but I have never worn one so I don't know how comfortable they are.

I plan on buying an OWB holster for it, but since I live in Phoenix it is too hot for me to wear clothes that will let me properly conceal OWB until it hits winter.

Last thing I should mention is that It needs to keep the slide off my skin. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    My EDC is a SR9c. I carry it in a CrossBreed SuperTuck. Very comfortable. It is Kydex with leather backing. Wear it all day, no issues at all. If you desire a quicker draw, order the combat cut version. Not quite as comfortable, but pretty close. I also have a IWB holster from Wayne's Creations in Liberty, Texas. I can also recommend it. I really like the Ruger, hundreds of rounds fired and no problems at all.

Thanks, I will look into those. I really like this Ruger. It fits my hand a lot better and the trigger is amazine compared to the P11 I just got rid of and even nicer than my M&P9, actually making me consider selling my M&P and buying an SR9 full size to replace it.

I recently bought a N82 Tactical (pronounced Nate Squared) holster and it is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever used, highly recommend it. They make a standard model that is in your price range (I bought the Pro model for my LC9 and it was a little more). It has a full on suede backing that allows me to wear it with no contact with my skin whatsoever. They make a pro model for the SR9 as well I believe...

I have a Theis I use and really like for my SR40c.

I have the SR9c as well and just bought a N82 professional IWB holster after a lot of research. It should be arriving next week, so I can't give a report yet but everything I read said it was the most comfortable available.

index

A good way to save money on the Crossbreed is to look at their seconds site. I've ordered 2 from there, a mini tuck and a super tuck and both have been in great condition at a great price. I thought I'd mention since you brought up cost. The only strange part is you have to send cash, but I haven't had a problem either time I've done it and turn around to get the holster was less than 2 weeks. www.crossbreed seconds.com (no space - autocorrect on iPad and I are fighting, it won't let me overide)
    MeanAction likes this.

Check out whitehatholsters.com they have their MaxTuck and their new BaseMax for under $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Looks a lot like the cross breed supertuck......

Won't buy anything but American holster co. A little more than your price but worth the little extra. All leather is great
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

I just looked up N82 tactical and the original holster looks like it should do the job nicely, it looks like even the original model should keep the gun completely off my skin with the compact mag inserted which is how I want to carry, with my 17 rounder as a backup mag. I will seriously consider spending the extra money for the pro model since it has the adjustable cant. I have found very few holsters that would keep the gun entirely off my skin. I will probably be ordering one sometime next week, if I end up being happy with it I will probably go back to them for whatever other carry gun I end up with since I am still debating picking up a smaller single stack 9 mm so I don't end up going with just my P-32 BUG because I feel like I can't properly conceal the larger SR9c.

John Jackson at jacksonleatherworks dot com can make you a holster for well under that. I have two of his one IWB and one OWB and wear them several times a week. The IWB is soft leather with a sturdy clip. I recomend you visit his website. He is a nice fellow.

My EDC is the Ruger SR9c also. I started with a low cost High Noon Uppercut holster, saved up some $$$ (about $100) and recently acquired High Noon's Public Secret model which has the slide guard and a straight drop for appendix carry. I couldn't be happier with the Public Secret because it is all leather, comfortable, compact, high ride for an easy combat grip, lined and specifically molded to the SR9c, reinforced for one-hand reholstering, and balances retention with a smooth draw. For the money, you get a lot of features of more expensive holsters. I am waiting on a custom Beltman gunbelt I ordered , and will have a great reasonably priced rig for EDC. I have your same problem with heat in the summer months and an occasional need to carry something very small and lightweight. For this I use a Ruger LCP and Desantis pocket holster. By the way, Desantis makes inexpensive pocket magazine carriers that are just like their pocket pistol holsters. I use the pocket magazine carriers (both double stack and small single stack sizes) for concealed spare magazine carry for either pistol.

REMORA makes an excellent no clip IWB priced between 50-60. I love mine never slips and is very comfortable, easy to draw.

What a great site. Thanks for that link. I will be ordering from there in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links