Holsters: how many, of what types?

This is a discussion on Holsters: how many, of what types? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't have the drawer full of holsters. All I have is a White Hat MaxTuck and a Remora, but my Tactipac FusionPac should be here ...

View Poll Results: Holsters In Your Collecction: Type/Material

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • IWB

218 91.60%
  • OWB

177 74.37%
  • Pocket

112 47.06%
  • Ankle

31 13.03%
  • Shoulder

74 31.09%
  • Other (location carried)

29 12.18%
  • Leather

172 72.27%
  • Kydex

121 50.84%
  • Hybrid

93 39.08%
  • Other (material)

63 26.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Holsters: how many, of what types?

Don't have the drawer full of holsters. All I have is a White Hat MaxTuck and a Remora, but my Tactipac FusionPac should be here the first of next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Just 2 Sticky Holsters for me (one if I have the laser on, and one if not). I still have a Remora from one of our other pistols (never know, I might need it some day).
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

2 Holsters for me. One supertuk deluxe for IWB everyday carry and a Blackhawk Serpa for range use.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I bought a couple of Uncle Mikes holsters when I first started carrying. I quickly discovered nylon or vinyl holsters don't hold up for long. Nor do they work very well. I tried a Tagua belt slide. Not so good either. It's a body shape thing. I bought a Blackhawk Serpa that's pretty good but it doesnt conceal very well unless I'm wearing a jacket. I tried a custom made all kydex holster for my j frame. It's an IWB and it's a decent holster but I quickly learned that kydex sticks to sweaty skin, so unless I wear a tee shirt it's a no go. I bought a HBE leatherworks holster and matching mag holder for my Glock 17. This I like a lot. It's not the easiest to conceal but it sure is beautiful. Finally my most used holster. Comptac MTAC slide for Glocks. Easy to conceal and very comfortable. I haven't even bought another holster since 2008. That's how happy I am with it.
    Question Everything!

This is pretty much everything except the belly band.

001.JPG
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I have a large bin of holsters with everything from trash to treasures in it. For defensive carry, I tend to use the same few handguns and holsters. For field carry the choices are wider. I'm pretty easy to please if the holster is made of good leather. I would like a better set-up for 2-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frames than the current holster.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I only have three holsters, one paddle holster for my snub, a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro Trooper, and a dukalmighty, both used for my SA XD40 SC.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member
    Probably just easier to say I do not own an ankle holster.

For my Glock 26 I have a CrossBreed Super Tuck, Raven Concealment Phantom, and a Uncle Mikes ankle holster.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I don't have an accurate count of what we have any more, at one time we did a complete holster inventory....it was large.
    Here's some.

Now that collection right there is a beautiful sickness. I'm going to show my wife this so she can stop giving me dirty looks when I buy another one!!1
    64zebra likes this.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

I've got a Desantis Sof-tuk, a Silent Thunder IWB, Pure Kustoms Black Ops Pro, CBST, Milt Sparks VMII. My collection is small, but I have a wandering eye and keep seeing thing that I want. Eventually I want a matched set (belt, holster, mag carrier) all in black shark!!! I have the disease bad!!
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

VIP Member
    Well here is one box. IWB, OWB, Paddle, Belt Slide, PPC, Kydex, Leather, Bullhide, Horsehide, Custom made and factory. I am not even gonna try to count but each one serves a purpose.

holsters.jpg
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I don't fall into the sterotypical gun owner category with a "box" of holsters - mine are all on shelves There are:
    Don Humes - leather - 3
    Galco - leather - 1
    Mitch Rosen - leather - 1
    Bianchi - leather - 1
    Triple K - leather - 2
    Andrews - leather - 1
    Kirkpatrick - leather - 1
    Holster Store (St. Cloud, FL) - leather - 1
    Bucheimer - leather - 1
    Blackhawk Serpa - kydex - 2
    Bladetech - kydex - 1
    Comp-Tac - hybrid - 1
    Kangaroo - cloth - 1
    Uncle Mikes - nylon - 3
    pocket - nylon and leather 4
    Kirkpatrick - leather - 2 on order to replace 2 worn out ones

VIP Member
    geez, I haven't done a holster inventory, but here is info off the top of my head
    brands: Galco, Uncle Mike's, Predator, DeSantis, Safariland, Ace Case, some IWB, OWB, shoulder, belt, paddle
    leather, kydex, mixture
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

No drawer of holsters but a Galco King tuc for the CZ-75, a Galco Skyops for the Sig P-220 and a Ramora that takes both the CZ-75 and The Sig P-220 all left handed. Also a galco ankle holster for my S&W mod. 60.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links