Holsters: how many, of what types?

This is a discussion on Holsters: how many, of what types? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Alright, kiddies, let's play a around of: Whatchya got? Here's a poll to see what the most-common holsters are. Think of all the different kinds ...

View Poll Results: Holsters In Your Collecction: Type/Material

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • IWB

218 91.60%
  • OWB

177 74.37%
  • Pocket

112 47.06%
  • Ankle

31 13.03%
  • Shoulder

74 31.09%
  • Other (location carried)

29 12.18%
  • Leather

172 72.27%
  • Kydex

121 50.84%
  • Hybrid

93 39.08%
  • Other (material)

63 26.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Holsters: how many, of what types?

Alright, kiddies, let's play a around of: Whatchya got?

Here's a poll to see what the most-common holsters are. Think of all the different kinds you've got in the safe, dresser (or wherever). Though there are plenty of other subtle variants to carrying, let's stick with the basic options. Check as many as you have: IWB, OWB, pocket, ankle, shoulder, leather, kydex, hybrid, other.

Photos are absolutely encouraged (), if you're willing to show even a little bit of your collection ... embarrassing though the pile might be.

Let 'er rip.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

JD
    Administrator
    I don't have an accurate count of what we have any more, at one time we did a complete holster inventory....it was large.
    Here's some.

100MEDIA$IMAG0581.jpg
    My small collection for my M&P 9c and LCP

My first holster was a Blackhawk SERPA for my 1911, which I used until my Galco OWB Avenger arrived, which I had ordered online. Next came a Galco IWB Summer comfort. Then, after I bought a S&W 642, came a Nemesis pocket holster for it by DeSantis, a Galco paddle holster, and a Summer comfort for it. My latest, which arrived yesterday, is a Miami Classic II by Galco for my 1911. They are like rabbits--they just keep multiplying! However, I think I'm done now since I have one of just about every type. Until the next gun joins the inventory. Oh wait! I just remembered another one. My first holster was actually a leather shoulder holster for my S&W Model 29 with an 8 3/8" barrel that I got for Silhouette shooting and that I used for deer hunting a couple of times. Never tried to carry it concealed.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    I have a total of four holsters I use, all IWB: heavily-modified one-of-a-kind kydex Shark-Tak I use to carry my DeltaPoint-equipped Glock 17; an off-the-shelf kydex made by X-Concealment for the same gun; and right and left-handed Brommeland Max-Con V's for my Glock 19. I have an OWB coming for the 17 by Brommeland, as well.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

My current holster supply is pretty small.

Galco king tuck for glocks, galco concealable for p220, mika pocket holster for j frame.

I have an extreme concealment kydex holster coming for my glock 19 and a custom appendix holster from Ryan Grizzle on order as well.

I'm probably going to get a dale fricke archangel coming soon for glock 17 this week. That should have me covered for a while...at least my wife says so.

sent via iCarry

My collection is still really small, as is my gun collection. Bought a Don Hume h715 when I got my XDsc9. It is still my transportation holster for throwing it in a bag and such. Since then I have bought a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Blackhawk Serpa 2. I recently bought a S&W 638 and purchased a Blackhawk Pocket Carry holster.

So that's 4 holsters total for 2 guns.

I plan to start messing around with DIY kydex soon, so these numbers should be increasing.

Well beyond two dozen, I stopped counting.

Let's see ... Mitch Rosen, Galco, HBE, K&D, Fist, BladeTech, Garrity, RKBA, Simply Rugged, with multiples of several. All for the S&W 442, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380, Kahr CW9, KelTec P3AT, KelTec PF9, CZ P-01, H&K P2000SK, Browning BDM, Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan. Can't even count the different mag carriers.

I'm sure I am missing something.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Apparently the disease hasn't progressed as far in me as others. I use the same holster everyday: Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC with a single TT Gunleather magazine holder. I also have an Uncle Mikes pocket holster somewhere and a Remora 5Art that I use driving back and forth to work. I plan on adding an OWB holster soon so I can wear some of my pants that can't accomodate the MTAC. I'm leaning towards:

CNS-1_copperhead2-282x327.jpg from: Jeffrey Custom Leather holsters, concealed carry, leather holsters

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    One DeSantis Speed Scabbard, one JIT and the rest (IWB, OWB, shoulder) are customs from Little Bear Holsters.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Too many to list. I probably have on average of 3 per handgun.

Most have an OWB option, one mistake, and a IWB config. I've moved away from kydex/hybrids to all leather.

'Nice reply, JD.

At the moment, I have 7 on hand: Blade-Tech UCH for my Glock 26, DeSantis Tuck This II, also for the Glock, Uncle Mike's pocket holster. Tagua Gunleather (OWB), Glock Sport Combat holster, and a Fobus paddle holster. I'm currently waiting on my new CrossBreed Quick-Clip to arrive. May eventually get a CrossBreed SuperTuck if I like the Quick-Clip.
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

Ive got one each. IWB, OWB and a homemade pocket holster. It was actually a pocket case for an old cellphone. Cut a slit in the bottom of it and it works well for a few pocket rockets.

GH
    I'm in the process of deciding on holsters for various uses & the info I've received on this site is invaluable.

I want to start with one each OWB, IWB & shoulder. That should cover about most contingencies that I'll encounter. Of course I also suspect that I'll keep looking for the "right" one & when I get a bigger collection of handguns I'll need more & different types. To me concealment is the key & I'll keep working toward the one that conceals the best. There again the info that I've found here on that subject is great.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I have IWB and OWB. Leather, and Kydex. Have to sa7y, my favorite is my Bianchi CarryLoks, due to the retention factor.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links