Belt

This is a discussion on Belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like to wear cowboy style belt buckles and am having a hard time finding a gun belt that will work with the way that ...

Thread: Belt

Belt

I like to wear cowboy style belt buckles and am having a hard time finding a gun belt that will work with the way that the buckle hooks to the belt Do you have any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

I can't help much on the belt as I don't remember the brand I was wearing back when I wore western style buckles. I do know that I had a problem with the little prong on the back of the buckles breaking due to the added strain of the guns weight. I gave up wearing them after a couple broke.

Michael

Is the gun belt too thick or the holes not working with the buckle? If it's too thick you may be out of luck. Even with single layer belts you are talking 13-14 oz leather so it's about the same thickness of a lot of double layer belts. If it's the holes you could ask if they can punch them oval to open them up some more. Or find the best of both worlds, I know a custom maker or two that use one heavy layer for the main belt then backs it with lighter leather around the sides and back. So the tag end is not quite as stiff or thick as some double layer belts. You may have to look for someone that does more custom stuff, but you will likely pay for it as well.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

FIST again

FIST's belt is single layer in the buckle area and double layer in the weight bearing area. FIST, Inc.

The FIST will not support an anvil as will a Beltman belt, but is fine for medium weight guns in the Glock 19/ S&W 19 2 1/2" vicinity.

The Beltman http://www.thebeltman.net holes are distinctly oval if that helps; I have encountered no difficulity with western buckle hooks staying put with either brand.
    Last edited by Paladin3840; September 15th, 2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: link

+1 for the beltman. If you get it custom, as it seems you want, there is usually a bit of a wait, however if you get the premade ones you could easily replace the buckle. I love mine and wear it everyday. Could not believe the difference when I first got it, stiff and thick, awesome for hanging your gun on.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Hanks Clothing, great belt, half the price of other belts.

I use AG Gunleather belts. Outstanding product. As long as they keep making them, I'll keep buying them.

On the other hand, I expect they will last quite awhile.

This is a common issue with cowboy buckles as they are not designed to fit the double layer leather through the keeper loop on the buckle. (too thin)

However if the only issue is the hook not fitting through the hole, that is a simple fix from your beltmaker or any shoeshop will enlarge the holes.

Links