Getting a new carry gun - Page 2

Getting a new carry gun

This is a discussion on Getting a new carry gun within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Indeed, get a good holster for your G19. The rig you have been using with your first pistol is your starter holster; no need to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Getting a new carry gun

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    SE Texas
    Indeed, get a good holster for your G19. The rig you have been using with your first pistol is your starter holster; no need to repeat that pattern with your Glock. A comparable pistol I have carried is a slightly thicker G29, and I used a Galco Concealable to carry it. That is a really good rig. I used a Blade-tech vertical-draw kydex holster to carry a G22, but it was more of a field and range holster design, not as concealable as a true concealment rig, but quite usable with some full-cut cover garments. Blade-tech now makes some more concealment-oriented products, than was available back when I bought my rigs.

I just acquired a G17, my first Glock I have owned since 2005. While this Glock was on layaway, I bought a pre-owned but pristine Raven Concealment Phantom, which seems to be a very good kydex OWB rig, which can be used IWB with the appropriate hardware.

VIP Member
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by mdco2 View Post
    I just put a down payment on a used Gen 3 Glock G19 and will have it within a month. My question is do you guys know of any reliable starter holsters for cheap? By cheap i mean the $50 and less range. IWB or OWB doesnt matter much to me. I carry concealed most of the time so something that is concealable is best. I currently use a Fobus paddle holster for my Taurus pt111 mil pro and conceal that easily enough. I'm six feet tall and 220 lbs if that matters at all. Just looking for a hold me over till I can get a real good one as i see they get expensive.
    For that price range, you might want to check out the "BaseMax" from White Hat Holsters $39.50 BaseMax IWB Holster - Cowhide or Horsehide leather backings or you could go $9.95 over your budget and get the "MaxTuck" MaxTuck IWB Holster - Cowhide or Horsehide leather backings

I got the MaxTuck Horsehide and love it.

In case you are wondering...No, I do not work for the company...I'm just a satisfied customer.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    I'm not comfortable recommending "cheap" holsters for a $500+ weapon. It's unsafe for you and those around you. The POS one-size-fits-some nylon holsters are the worst and are never a good option for civilian CC, IMO.

The DeSantis Speed Scabbard is a decent choice and can be had for less than $45 at Cheaper Than Dirt. I'm using one to carry my CZ75 Compact until I can acquire an RGrizzle or UBG.

Looper makes a nice 2-slot leather OWB that retails for $60. I used one when I carried a CW45. Good leather and retention for the price.

Somewhere, PA
    Sorry for not getting back on sooner. I got my Glock and a Galco King Tuk and love it. I love the hybrid compared to other holsters I have tried. I'm thinking of getting a white hat or crossbread for my 1911.

A good option for IWB are the N82 holsters. I have the original and it was around $40. Very comfortable.

Ky Backwoods
    What's a "starter holster"?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Galco King Tuck or similar. All over fleabay for $30 and up.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Houston, TX area

Re: Getting a new carry gun

I carry my Glock 17 owb in a Fobus paddle & iwb with a DeSantis Tuck This. My belt (cabella's double duty) makes pretty much anything work. So you may want to invest there first.

Sent from my GS 3 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links