Getting a new carry gun

This is a discussion on Getting a new carry gun within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Indeed, get a good holster for your G19. The rig you have been using with your first pistol is your starter holster; no need to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Getting a new carry gun

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Indeed, get a good holster for your G19. The rig you have been using with your first pistol is your starter holster; no need to repeat that pattern with your Glock. A comparable pistol I have carried is a slightly thicker G29, and I used a Galco Concealable to carry it. That is a really good rig. I used a Blade-tech vertical-draw kydex holster to carry a G22, but it was more of a field and range holster design, not as concealable as a true concealment rig, but quite usable with some full-cut cover garments. Blade-tech now makes some more concealment-oriented products, than was available back when I bought my rigs.

I just acquired a G17, my first Glock I have owned since 2005. While this Glock was on layaway, I bought a pre-owned but pristine Raven Concealment Phantom, which seems to be a very good kydex OWB rig, which can be used IWB with the appropriate hardware.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mdco2 View Post
    I just put a down payment on a used Gen 3 Glock G19 and will have it within a month. My question is do you guys know of any reliable starter holsters for cheap? By cheap i mean the $50 and less range. IWB or OWB doesnt matter much to me. I carry concealed most of the time so something that is concealable is best. I currently use a Fobus paddle holster for my Taurus pt111 mil pro and conceal that easily enough. I'm six feet tall and 220 lbs if that matters at all. Just looking for a hold me over till I can get a real good one as i see they get expensive.
    For that price range, you might want to check out the "BaseMax" from White Hat Holsters $39.50 BaseMax IWB Holster - Cowhide or Horsehide leather backings or you could go $9.95 over your budget and get the "MaxTuck" MaxTuck IWB Holster - Cowhide or Horsehide leather backings

I got the MaxTuck Horsehide and love it.

In case you are wondering...No, I do not work for the company...I'm just a satisfied customer.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    I'm not comfortable recommending "cheap" holsters for a $500+ weapon. It's unsafe for you and those around you. The POS one-size-fits-some nylon holsters are the worst and are never a good option for civilian CC, IMO.

The DeSantis Speed Scabbard is a decent choice and can be had for less than $45 at Cheaper Than Dirt. I'm using one to carry my CZ75 Compact until I can acquire an RGrizzle or UBG.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-DSG002BAB6Z0

Looper makes a nice 2-slot leather OWB that retails for $60. I used one when I carried a CW45. Good leather and retention for the price.

http://www.looperlawenforcement.com/...p-holste2.html

Sorry for not getting back on sooner. I got my Glock and a Galco King Tuk and love it. I love the hybrid compared to other holsters I have tried. I'm thinking of getting a white hat or crossbread for my 1911.

A good option for IWB are the N82 holsters. I have the original and it was around $40. Very comfortable.

What's a "starter holster"?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Galco King Tuck or similar. All over fleabay for $30 and up.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Re: Getting a new carry gun

I carry my Glock 17 owb in a Fobus paddle & iwb with a DeSantis Tuck This. My belt (cabella's double duty) makes pretty much anything work. So you may want to invest there first.

Sent from my GS 3 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links