Getting a new carry gun

Getting a new carry gun

This is a discussion on Getting a new carry gun within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just put a down payment on a used Gen 3 Glock G19 and will have it within a month. My question is do you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Getting a new carry gun

Getting a new carry gun

I just put a down payment on a used Gen 3 Glock G19 and will have it within a month. My question is do you guys know of any reliable starter holsters for cheap? By cheap i mean the $50 and less range. IWB or OWB doesnt matter much to me. I carry concealed most of the time so something that is concealable is best. I currently use a Fobus paddle holster for my Taurus pt111 mil pro and conceal that easily enough. I'm six feet tall and 220 lbs if that matters at all. Just looking for a hold me over till I can get a real good one as i see they get expensive.
    DIRO305 likes this.

Don't throw away fifty now. Invest it with another $50 with Tim at TT Gunleather. It will be worth the sacrifice.
    CVarner likes this.
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Sponsor
    Glock-gun-front-left-1500.jpg
    You'll have a hard time beating this holster for durability and comfort. Glock 19/23/32 ACE-1 Holster

Blade tech Nano, Blade tech Phantom, or Galco Triton... all inexpensive kydex offerings that work well. I have used them in competition and training...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I have a Remora for IWB and it works great for my G-19.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Yeah I'm actually thinking about a Galco King Tuck or a Crossbread Supertuck. Is the Galco Triton as comfortable as the other IWB holsters I mentioned? It doesn't look like it would be to me but I have very limited experience with IWB holsters. Any more input.

Just stay away from the Fobus - Ive run my course with a few, and I'm done with them.
    DIRO305 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I got a Crossbreed Supertuck for that price on their seconds site for my Glock 26. It's very comfortable, in fact, it is the only concealed holster I use.

Check out whitehatholsters.com their BaseMax starts at just under $40, great holsters made right here in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Do yourself a big favor, don't buy a cheapie holster to get started with. You will be unhappy very quickly and end up spending even more to get another holster to replace it. First you need to decide IWB or OWB. Then go from there. There is an endless supply of holster threads here. Do a lot of reading. Then make your best choice. I like IWB best. I use a Comptac Mtac holster for my Glocks. But most any of the hybrid type will work. I suggest you go to the crossbreedseconds.com site. You can get more bang for your buck here.
    joker1 likes this.
    Question Everything!

Save up a little here and there and do it right, like I did. Bought 3rd gen GLOCK 19, some Remington Golden Sabres, and some range ammo and ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck in horsehide with the combat cut and a Crossbreed belt (a good belt is very important). I later bought a GLOCK sport holster (less than $15.00) but haven't really used it. Yup, I'm the exception to the rule. I do not have the proverbial drawer full of holsters, I bought the best on the first try.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Thanks for all the suggestions. After a lot of research I think I'm going to go with a hybrid. Most likely the galco king tuk. Mainly because of the issue of waiting for the crossbread.

Spend the money once=crying once!!

Next Holster Guardian I have this and couldn't be more satisfied. I carry OWB, but you can switch the clips and carry IWB if you desire. Quality for a reasonable price...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Glock 19 will be an easy gun to find a good holster for. Maybe too easy (too many options). I like Galco as starter, but Milt Sparks makes some super nice stuff too. I also like IWB as opposed to outside. I think if you go to the Galocusa website an search by gun type you'll get a good idea on what's available (I wouldn't buy it from there however...)

I carry daily with a Galco V-Hawk (pricey but comfy) G-19 or G-26. That said I also have a box full of holster for different applications, I seem to collect them...Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links